Suggestions for WP phone on T-Mobile

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hello All,

Tired of big red having their hooks into me for zillions of dollars the last 12 years, I made the switch to Tmob to save some money on my 5 line family plan. Bottom line is service is adequate everywhere but my apartment so the WiFi calling is nice, but I MISS MY ICON!!! I have been on an S5 and I really don't like it. I want to switch back to windows phone.

Any suggestions for a decent WP device that works on T Mobile? I still have my Icon, but from what I read it will work but with limits. Plus as stated, I need WiFi calling to get service at home. Got spoiled with the specs on the Icon so the 635 doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

windows94

Oct 15, 2014
Visit site
Unlocked 920, 1020, 925, 930... I think those are all GSM. I could be wrong though. I have the low end 521 as my backup device and a 635 as my daily driver. The 635 is fantastic for the money. (both are, really) but I'm looking for a 925 or an 810.

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I had a Lumia 925 tmo branded. I had it for a few months and the second mic and the GPS stopped working. So I wouldn't recommend one. Right now I have the Lumia 635. The display is much worse than the 925 but it's cheap and gets the job done. It's a smartly built phone. It feels like it's quality but not expensive quality if you know what I mean.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I have had the 925 since launch and it has been super reliable - not a single issue. It's a fantastic phone that looks great, feels great in the hand and 8.1 runs super smooth. Just waiting for Tmo to release Cyan...

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I have had the 925 since launch and it has been super reliable - not a single issue. It's a fantastic phone that looks great, feels great in the hand and 8.1 runs super smooth. Just waiting for Tmo to release Cyan...

This actually goes with my suggestion--I have an unlocked Lumia 925 that updated to 8.1 many months ago, and I lost Internet Sharing as a result of it.

If people are getting 8.1 from T-Mobile, I might get internet sharing back (that's what Nokia's tech support suggested what would happen). More likely, I have something else to complain to Nokia about, but the point still stands.

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
My 925 is tied to Tmobile and internet sharing has been working fine throughout the 8.1 developer preview to official 8.1 rollout.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Hello All,

Tired of big red having their hooks into me for zillions of dollars the last 12 years, I made the switch to Tmob to save some money on my 5 line family plan. Bottom line is service is adequate everywhere but my apartment so the WiFi calling is nice, but I MISS MY ICON!!! I have been on an S5 and I really don't like it. I want to switch back to windows phone.

Any suggestions for a decent WP device that works on T Mobile? I still have my Icon, but from what I read it will work but with limits. Plus as stated, I need WiFi calling to get service at home. Got spoiled with the specs on the Icon so the 635 doesn't appeal to me.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

T-Mobile will be coming out with the HTC One M8 for Windows in the end of this month.

Other then that; it only the 635 White or 521 Lumias.

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up breaking down and getting the 635. It's not the Icon, but it's not a bad little phone at all. It will definitely tide me over until either the M8 or some other new 'flagship' heads to Tmob. Just picked it up today. Had to get my WP back on!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa