Switching to T-Mobile prepaid

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Hello. I have a AT&T Nokia Lumia 635 on there network and I was wanting to switch to T-Mobile next week any advice for which Lumia device is worth using on there network with out a contract that's under $200? I was considering a T-Mobile variant but I would have to pay more to have the same device so I was maybe thinking a T-Mobile Nokia Lumia 925.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
The 925 from T-Mobile is over 200$. You seem to be left with a T-Mobilel 635, 530, or 521. The 635 you have is probably locked to At&t. Have you thought about trying Consumer Cellular which can use phones locked to AT&T. You would have your choice of alot more phones and you would still use At&T's network of which Consumer Cellular is a MVNO. I have three AT&T phones my family are using on Consumer Cellular. You are not locked into a plan and yet you use AT&T's extensive network. Plus your AT&T phones will still be updated by AT&T which I think has the best support for WP8. Think about it.

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
The 925 from T-Mobile is over 200$. You seem to be left with a T-Mobilel 635, 530, or 521. The 635 you have is probably locked to At&t. Have you thought about trying Consumer Cellular which can use phones locked to AT&T. You would have your choice of alot more phones and you would still use At&T's network of which Consumer Cellular is a MVNO. I have three AT&T phones my family are using on Consumer Cellular. You are not locked into a plan and yet you use AT&T's extensive network. Plus your AT&T phones will still be updated by AT&T which I think has the best support for WP8. Think about it.

I'll look into consumer cellular

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
Net10, Straight Talk, and Cricket Wireless are also all good options. Net10 and Straight Talk can be used on T-Mobile or AT&T's network depending on what SIM card you get and Cricket Wireless uses AT&T's network.

Legoboyii

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
How long have you had it on their network? If you've had it on prepaid with them for at least 6 months you should be able to get the unlock code.

kmok

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site

It will work on Net10 and Straight Talk as well without being SIM unlocked. You will just need one of their SIMs for AT&T's network. My wife and I have been using AT&T SIM locked phones (820, 920, 1520) on Net10 for quite some time now. Your AT&T 635 should work on any AT&T MVNO without a sim unlock.

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Thank you. I may switch to a iPhone 5C on Saturday. I love Windows Phone but there's not that good of holsters for them besides the Nokia Lumia 1020, 920, 925 series.
It will work on Net10 and Straight Talk as well without being SIM unlocked. You will just need one of their SIMs for AT&T's network. My wife and I have been using AT&T SIM locked phones (820, 920, 1520) on Net10 for quite some time now. Your AT&T 635 should work on any AT&T MVNO without a sim unlock.

faith3935

Dec 8, 2014
Visit site
Yes. I know that's the case manufacturers fault but I just need a reliable holster as I move around alot and pulling a phone out of a holster is much better than pulling a phone out of your pocket especially this time of year

oviedofreak82

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Yes. I know that's the case manufacturers fault but I just need a reliable holster as I move around alot and pulling a phone out of a holster is much better than pulling a phone out of your pocket especially this time of year

One word: eBay. They have holsters of all types. That or Amazon.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss