Thinking of Switching - What do I expect from ETF buyout?

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm currently a VZW customer and I'm just a little south in my 2 year contract on 4 lines. 3 of them are Oct/Nov 2014, mine Jan 2015.
I was browsing the tmo website and worked up a checkout with their current deals which are expiring Jan 5th to get a quote price. I was also presented with an offer to have them buyout my devices and ETF fees up to $650 per line. This is where I have a couple questions for any current tmo customers that could provide me with perspective.

If you have used this offer, how did it work out for you? How long did the process take if you acted swiftly in turning your final bills in for the credit? And if so, did you have enough time to use the Visa gift cards to actually use them to pay on the prior balance? My expectation is I would most likely have to use a credit card to payoff the ETF balance with Verizon, but I don't think I could use the Visa cards to pay on another visa?

Thanks!

ajb1965

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi I switched from vzw a little over a year ago. The process was very smooth. Got the visa card right around the time my first Tmo bill was due, about 4-5 weeks. The money covers the etf but I still had a final bill from vzw. Basically cost me a little less than a half of my normal vzw bill to get out of 5 lines after it was all done.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

J Frost

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I switched from Verizon November of 2014 and did the same buyout. I got the via card in time to pay the ETF and phones off.
I will tell you that my family and I are very satisfied with T-Mobile and have no regrets. Good luck with everything.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss