Kudos to ATT Customer Service

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Yes, you read that correctly.

I had many many well documented issues when switching over from Verizon to ATT in November, and since then, have had many issues with the Lumia 920 I purchased (repeated shut off's of up to 5-10 per day; random reboots; reboot cycles, etc.). After waiting for the Portico update to see if it fixed the reliability issues I was experiencing and if anything, things getting worse, I finally gave up and called ATT customer service. Frankly, after my earlier problems with them (to the point that CS senior managers were calling me to apologize), I wasn't expecting much help and figured I would get the run around yet again. However, to my pleasant surprise, the rep listened to my issues and the fixes I had tried (uninstalling apps, factory reset, portico update, etc.) and said that it sounded like I got a lemon and had tried pretty much everything that they would have suggested and they had better just send me out a replacement device. We handled some administrative stuff and that was the end of the conversation. My new device arrived in about 4 days and so far, I have had zero issues in terms of reliability.

So, since I raked them over the coals in November when the 920's first came out, I figured I had better give credit where it is due when I had a positive experience.

You got this one right ATT. Good job!

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Rebuttal: I activate "MY" 920 on 12/23 on AT&T. Ported my number over from Verizon. Decided to give Straight Talk a try and got the SIM from them which should have cancelled my AT&T account. I got my AT&T bill yesterday and it was $449.01 for my ported number and $41.00 for a temporary number I neve had. Investigation showed that they charged me an ETF for a phone I brought with me. They had no explanation for the temporary number charge. Supposedly they opened a case file to get this straightened out by the 16th, tomorrow.

So for every good report, there is one to offset it that isn't so good. By the way, I'm not trying to kill AT&T. It just happened to me and it could have happened on any carrier.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Rebuttal: I activate "MY" 920 on 12/23 on AT&T. Ported my number over from Verizon. Decided to give Straight Talk a try and got the SIM from them which should have cancelled my AT&T account. I got my AT&T bill yesterday and it was $449.01 for my ported number and $41.00 for a temporary number I neve had. Investigation showed that they charged me an ETF for a phone I brought with me. They had no explanation for the temporary number charge. Supposedly they opened a case file to get this straightened out by the 16th, tomorrow.

So for every good report, there is one to offset it that isn't so good. By the way, I'm not trying to kill AT&T. It just happened to me and it could have happened on any carrier.

Agreed. I had a ton of problems with ATT initially and some exceptionally poor customer service both in the store and through the main company. On this occasion however, it was very good and, since I was so vocal about complaining previously when things were bad, I thought it was only fair to be vocal when they actually did a good job.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
4 years in with at&t, never a major issue. and any (minor) that I do happen to have are resolved with ONE call.
big red (verizon) was never that way. I had them for 14 years prior to joining at&t.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital