Go from 10 Gig to 20 Gig Mobile share on AT&T Next this week

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I just did it so go do it. Call your AT&T Retention department and have them up your mobile share form 10 to 20 gig. They are doing this for Next customers that currently have the 10 gig mobile share plan. I checked it out myself before making this post to be sure and I got the confirmation email that it has been done. I found the info on SlickDeals.net

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
Yes, it's working. Got mine earlier today after reading macrumors. I'm not even on Next, just 10GB shared plan. DO IT BEFORE OCTOBER 31st!!!

Steps:
1. Call 611. Wait for menu. Press 0, then press 3. (Or transfer to Retention)
2. Tell them that Sprint offers 20GB for the price of 10GB
3. See if AT&T will match it.
4. Sometimes they say that this offer is good only for cancellations. Threaten to cancel (just don't actually cancel).
5. Wait for them to offer you that upgrade. If not, just hang up and call back.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
You don't have to threaten them with anything. I didn't threaten to go to Sprint of all places. They would know I was lying. lol. Anyway, you don't have to threaten since this is something they are offering and all you have to do is ask. All I did was ask them to bump it up because I read they were doing that, and they did. Easy Peasy.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Worked like a charm! I let them know that I was considering to switch to Sprint because it would be a little cheaper as well as more data. I was polite and they were even more polite to me. They immediately switched it to 20GB! Thanks Jazmac for the awesome info!

I don't think you have to threaten them either. Just let them know that you noticed that the competition is giving more for the same price.

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
You don't have to threaten them with anything. I didn't threaten to go to Sprint of all places. They would know I was lying. lol. Anyway, you don't have to threaten since this is something they are offering and all you have to do is ask. All I did was ask them to bump it up because I read they were doing that, and they did. Easy Peasy.

What he said, spoke to a Crystal with AT&T Retentions (about 5 minutes ago) & she said '...give me a minute, I can take care of that for you ...'.
No threats, No hysterics, I asked frontline to transfer me to retentions, asked nicely & DONE ... again, thanks to Jazmac (next time I see you, I'll buy you a drink).

erzhik

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site

It's not an official promo, it's exclusive to retention department. That's why you can only do it with the retention department. No other CSR knows about it.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
It's not an official promo, it's exclusive to retention department. That's why you can only do it with the retention department. No other CSR knows about it.

Exactly. For me, I'll never use the 20 gig on my biggest mobile days but it sure is nice to know that if I can have a big mobile day, if I need one.

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
nevermind there changing everyone to 20gb that's on 10gb plan......awesome!

Not everyone, just the ones that call Retentions to ask for the change. The representative said that the double-the-10GB promotion has been running for little less than a week now, and only Retentions can add it to your plan.

I wanted to post this info earlier but I was at work.

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I had gotten this last week. Had called last Saturday to cancel my unlimited plan since I was being throttled so badly that I couldn't stream music without pulling my hair out. After telling the lady that I didn't want to listen to her mobile share pitch, I was sent to a supervisor who offered me the 20 for 10 share plan and said she would do it for me on Monday, as that's when the plan would be available. We hung up and sure enough Monday came and I received a text that my plan had changed, was surprised she remembered. May not be unlimited, but throttled unlimited is worthless now and days anyway.

Worse news is the ridiculous $40 per phone charge they will start doing for the higher plans soon, defeats the point of the "free" double data if we end up with another att tax soon after.

BobLobIaw

Feb 22, 2013
Visit site
Worse news is the ridiculous $40 per phone charge they will start doing for the higher plans soon, defeats the point of the "free" double data if we end up with another att tax soon after.

What is this all about? My understanding is that straight purchase, ATT Next and BYOD all are $15/month. Am I mistaken, and if so, do you have a source for the future $40 per phone charge on the higher plans?

jraad9

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
What is this all about? My understanding is that straight purchase, ATT Next and BYOD all are $15/month. Am I mistaken, and if so, do you have a source for the future $40 per phone charge on the higher plans?

It is $15 for now, but in the coming months (forgot the date she said as I just wanted to get off the phone with them) new contracts and renews on those plans would now come with a $40 instead of $15 per phone fee. It was from my att supervisor as we were discussing the new plan terms. So besides just what I said, I have no source, but I'm sure its posted somewhere on the internet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism