Some AT&T sales reps are unhelpful!!

Chad Barnett

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
While shopping with my wife for a new phone for her I was talked down to numerous times because I'm a windows phone user. One guy even Todd used that the S5 was a far superior camera than windows phones then he said "plus you don't have to deal with there windows phone OS" anyone else experience such arrogance from someone trying to sell something to you? I haven't.

iamtim

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
re: Some AT&T sales reps are jerks!

Every AT&T sales rep I've ever dealt with has been awesome. They're one of the reasons I stay with AT&T. I go to the La Habra, CA and the Irvine, CA Woodbury stores. In fact, when the DP first came out I went in and the guy who helped me was drooling over the transparent tiles; he said he wished he had them on his phone, and pulled a 1520 out of his pocket.

saulgould13

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site

Unfortunate you felt somewhat dissed... In my town there is a small att shop of whom the owner I know well over the years of biz when I owned iphones, since I moved on from apple and something new comes down the pipe regarding windows phone, jay will call me and ask if I'm interested for an order. This example of salesmanship is rare. This is why I buy my att guy lunch every so often.

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site

I know what I want and just get it. Reps at any carrier are never of any"help". I will say with the level of support att is showing WP, we should expect a better level of service.

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site

Let me change your title for you:

(This) At&t sales rep* is* a* jerk*. (and possibly some others).

Its like saying all phones have issues ==

Chad Barnett

Oct 18, 2013
Visit site
re: Some AT&T sales reps are unhelpful!!

The second guy I dealt with was obviously an iPhone guy and was not as bad as the first but still. I understand not everyone is a fan. It's the same with cars. Some are Ford or Chevy or whatever. But when trying to maintain someone's business it's not a good idea to disrespect a customers opinion in that way. I've dealt with some good ones in the past. And your right I shouldn't have lumped them ALL into that description. With that said it has really soured my opinion of that location especially. I hinted at my wife it was time to go and told her that we would order the phone that she wants instead of giving them the sale credit.

GabrielStorm

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

that's why I go to a Corp. att location. the authorized retailers are shyte.
location I go to has reps that will sell me what i am looking for. they won't
push some other OS. if i am looking to get WP, that's what i'll walk out with.

xxfuzzyxx

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Went to att corp store the other day for a secure sim and the rep was great. Asked how I liked the my 1520 and talked about it for a bit. He had the 1520 as his work phone and now they have the 830s as there work phones. Gotta say that 830 is a sharp looking phone with the black trim and green back.

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I just went to my local store to get my 520 Go Phone activated. I'm looking to switch from Verizon and want to test coverage. I told the rep what I was up to and he couldn't have been more helpful. He looked at my 520 and knew it was updated just by looking at the start screen. They had an HTC, a L635 and a L 830 on display. No 1020's or 925's though. My last few forays into the Verizon store have been disappointing, to say the least. No Windows Phones on display. None.

Eustis99

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
My local store the reps are very friendly and actually not biased. When I got my 1520 which was still on display btw, the reps all loved it!

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The reps at my local (authorized) store are helpful, but their explanation for the zero Windows phones on display was "those don't sell very well"

My question to them was how will people even consider buying something they don't see for sale in the first place. They had no answer for that.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
The reps at my local (authorized) store are helpful, but their explanation for the zero Windows phones on display was "those don't sell very well"

My question to them was how will people even consider buying something they don't see for sale in the first place. They had no answer for that.

Dear God man... don't use logic on them... it's just not fair... they are only phone shop workers...

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
LOL, some Best Buy sales reps are even worse.

My experience last night with the niece who is always broke but always wants the latest iPhone, which she will drop on the ground in a couple of months and crack the screen. I joked that she needs one of these Lumia 635 GoPhones for $50 instead. The sales rep stated "NOBODY should have a Windows phone." When asked to explain, he elaborated "the interface is horrible, it makes no sense." He also had some convoluted explanation about how the 8MP camera on an iPhone is superior in every way to the 41MP on my L1020.

She walked out of there with a gold iPhone 6, 64GB for six times more money up front plus a two year contract. Logic and common sense are the first things out the window when somebody wants to buy a new phone, it seems.

someone2639

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Well my ATT guys are the most supportive. I know that they know that they're telling the truth. So embrace the deception, learn how to win their approval, and your worst inhibitions can psych you out in the end.

(whoa accidental theme song)

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I have a niece who seems to have accidents with everything she touches... It's painful sometimes to get her stuff.

I've even watched her drop and break a brand new camera I'd just gotten a different niece for a b-day gift.

Oh, well...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa