ATT Lumia 830 on Cricket Wireless?

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi -

My Lumia 822 is ready for replacement and I'm considering switching off verizon. If I was to buy the ATT Lumia 830 / Fitbit package that is listed on Amazon outright, could I register it with Cricket? Cricket "bring your own" says phones must be unlocked

1. Is the ATT Lumia 830 locked when you buy it full price?
2. Any issues registering it with Cricket?
3. Any other advice?

thanks
Charlie

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
1) yes the phone is locked but you can use it on an ATT SIM
2) no
3) you might not get internet sharing and visual voicemail

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
You may have to get the unlock code from att. They own cricket so maybe they can help you do this. If you are going to pay $440, why not pay $376 for the international version on eBay? Someone is also selling att versions for $369.

cpyne

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Would the international version have any other disadvantages? I read another thread about carrier aggregation only being available on the att version

nallWhite

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I "think" that the att phone can use all of the bands tmo uses. I want the att version myself. But don't want the fitbit and not paying over $400. It has dual wireless charging, Qi and PMA. Intl version only does Qi.

moose9703

May 23, 2013
Visit site
The difference between the international 830 and att version is that the international version will not work with lte in the US. I have the 930 on cricket and everything works great but no lte. I get their 4g which is the hspa network.. Good enough for me.. The 930 is an awesome phone. Just bought my girlfriend the 830 att version, couldn't get lte on it but everything else appeared to work on it. The statement that any att phone even if its not unlocked will work with cricket is mostly true. Had no issues with my 920.. But did run into a snag when I bought an iPhone 5 for my niece.. I learned the hard way that that particular phone did have to be unlocked, and yes it was an att iPhone. So now I'm starting to think that maybe my issue in having with mu girlfriends 830 is that it might need to be unlocked. Hope this helps.

UPDATE***

Apparently I got spoiled with my 920.. All i had to do was pop the cricket sim in it and everything worked.. So after I manually inputed the mms and apn settings found on crickets website, everything on the Lumia 830 worked.. Including lte.. So translation get the att Lumia 830 to use on cricket and don't worry about unlocking it.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon