ATT LTE SIM card question

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Last year i had bought a gophone SIM card from Amazon for ATT. I didnt use it. I opened a ATT contract 3 months ago with ATT. I had LTE before i switched my phone. It took a different SIM card size and i had that old ATT gophone SIM so i called and had them activate it with my new unlocked phone.

So my new unlocked phone only gets 4g. Its supposed to get ATT LTE. My question is could using the gophone SIM be the reason why i am not getting LTE?

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Thank you RumoredNow for that link. I looked up my SIM numbers and it says it is compatiable. In another thread I had someone tell me that my Win JR LTE should get LTE on ATT. But i am only getting 4g. I was going to ask for another SIM from ATT but since that link says my card is LTE there would be no point in doing that.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
So what is your APN set for?

Settings > cellular + SIM > SIM 1 > edit internet APN

Are you using "phone" or "nxtgenphone"?

I would think nxtgenphone does you no good as your device is not HD Voice (requires nxtgenphone).

You may benefit from asking AT&T to reprovision your line. Take it into a shop first and see if a new SIM helps.

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I dont currently have my internet or MMS setup manually on my phone. I tried settings this and it didnt help me gain anything extra. Service stayed the same with it. I am going into a ATT store today to get them to swap out and reprovision my line for me. The nearest corporate ATT store is 40 minutes away but there is a authorized retailer right down the road from me. Maybe they can help.

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
RumoredNow changing the SIM card didn't work. I got frustrated with my Blu Win JR. I went and bought the Lumina 640 and I now get LTE just fine. I'm loving this phone!

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
640 is nice...

What about your HD LTE that is on order?

I wonder now if you somehow got the Euro radio version of the Jr...

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
It will be here tomorrow. Im excited to see how it does! I liked my JR but couldn't handle the lack of LTE. I'm hoping I won't have to return my Blu HD LTE phone as well. I think my JR was a dud. It kept resetting itself yesterday. I went to my ATT store to look at getting the 950 but 3 of the stores in my area had no Windows stock at all.

jmajid

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
this may well be what the 950XL owners are seeing - any device not officially supported by ATT for LTE will not get it until the SIM is inserted into a device that was supported...

MaryJane197

May 11, 2014
Visit site
this may well be what the 950XL owners are seeing - any device not officially supported by ATT for LTE will not get it until the SIM is inserted into a device that was supported...

I looked at the Dual SIM Lumina 640 but it only does 3g. I couldn't handle that. ATT is spotty where i am at so I need ALL my bands to work lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss