3 reasons why AIs like Microsoft Copilot and ChatGPT have peaked, and will only get worse — and why it doesn't have to be this way

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
Finally, an article about the real issues around "AI". I am really getting tired of the non-stop cheerleading for this absurd technology that just copies/steals copyrighted content, spins it around and spits out truckloads of meaningless drivel.

Well done and well written. Obviously NOT created by "AI".

With any luck, the lawsuits and the degrading quality due to "recursion" will put an early end to this nonsense.

• Sad
Reactions: TheFerrango and nop

Jeffery L

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
Jez, this is a really well written article that makes you think. There is also the issue of using machine learning pattern recognition for predicting the future. There has been research showing how it really is not that great. Noisy data produced under specific conditions does not forecast as expected when conditions subtility change from the trained dataset. Reality is messy and even massive machine learning tools cannot reliably see the future, but we can be fooled to believe they can.

I have thought about the issue of generative AI's argument of "fair use" of scrapping copyrighted material. I don't think it is fair use. This will cause a cash flow shift away from content creators, similar to how news boards have been giving a slow death to journalism.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I have no use for this bloatware on my windows PC. AI is a useless fad. Wake me up when I can have a real conversation and dictate to JARVIS.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria