A thread got moved

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I am not asking who or why I just want everybody to understand why not. I want this thread to stay where it is:

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ot...evice-including-windows-phones-post-here.html

The reason is because it is basically a conglomeration of trolling threads. This thread is where we put threads started mostly by haters complaining about WP. All of the threads in the Other OS and Devices forum are subject to blow ups. People argue a lot more in there its kind of what I expect people to do in that area and those sub forums. I don't want this activity and thread content in our most popular forum (WP8 discussion)

Thanks team

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
That's the second time within a week a sticky thread just up and moved. The same happened to the Nokia Acquisition thread.

I moved it back to Other OS and Devices.

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I wonder if it was whoever was redoing the forum page yesterday consolidating all the devices.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I sure didn't move it. I was surprised when I got a PM saying it got moved.

I just gave up trying to view the forums last night when none of the links worked. It must have been some server maintenance since all the sites' forums worked fine last night. I posted on iMore and CrackBerry last night. Android Central and webOSNation worked too.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
You know what I think I did it. I don't know for sure because I cant check the Mod log they changed my permissions again... :angry:

Here is what I think is happening. I tried to merge a new thread with that one. I did this using the add the url method. You can merge one thread with another by copy and pasting the url but what I think happened is instead of moving the new thread to the older thread in moved the older thread to the new one in the new location. When they have my permissions fixed I will check.

That's going to suck if I am the culprit here...lol

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tifeca1295