Alcatel Idol 4S is comming to Europe : what does it mean for Windows Mobile?

Hyrokumata

Mar 10, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone. I would like to open some discussion about why would Alcatel decide to bring Idol 4S to Europe at this moment. Windows Central didn't reported this yet, but according to MSPowerUser, Alcatel announced at MWC that the Idol 4S we all know is coming to Europe market, renamed as IDOL4 Pro, in June. [Source]

Last week, if I am not wrong, I saw reports on Windows Central where Microsoft told that Windows Phone devices will get the RS2, a.k.a Creators Update (which means they will support it through the 3 year cicle, I guess). What they didn't said is if they will keep pushing RS3 and future builds for current Windows Phone devices. Well, they could just abandon the current platform right? This is what I got, correct me if I am wrong or missed something.

What am I thinking is, why would an OEM like Alcatel bring Idol 4S to Europe NOW, despite the fact Microsoft could stop pushing builds for mobile devices. I mean, ok RS2 is confirmed and will be supported but what's next? Does it make sense to keep building phones despite the fact those devices could get stuck on RS2? Or do you believe this could mean that Alcatel knows something else and Microsoft will keep supporting current phones on Market for some more time.

I think this a good question specially for someone like me who is thinking of buying some windows phones now, with such uncertain future.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
I think this is nothing but a good sign. Well done Alcatel. Perhaps they know or have seen something that we are unaware of that has pushed them to release the phone in new territories? It's nice for some positive news for once.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I think WP is more popular in Europe then it is here in the States. Good move for any OEM to get hardware over there.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital