can i install custome rom or android os on my lumia 1020 ??????????

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

i use nokia lumia 1020 from two year. and i realise every day that my purchase to nokia lumia 1020 is my biggest mistake and waste of money, because windows phone operating system is very very irritating, not easy and time consuming and also the many important app are not available in windows store. and many time it hang and require restart. but the hardware of lumia device are owsome but it's meaning less with windows operating system. any one can halp me how to install custome rom or android os on my lumia 1020 (RM-875) ??? i am waiting for reply..........................................

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you forced the phone onto W10M by any chance?

Have you tried resetting the phone after upgrade and starting fresh (no restore from backup)? Many say this avoids issues and provides the smoothest operation... Have you tried rec=verting to 8.1?

If you are on 8.1, have you tried WDRT to get a clean install and no restore from backup?

Maybe get a new phone and repurpose the 1020 to use just as a camera, a job it is eminently qualified for.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/ge...ty-1five2oh-1oh2oh-nine3oh-1c0n-eight3oh.html

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Robbert Lucassen

Aug 10, 2017
Visit site
Basic intent

It is now obvious you can not use a Nokia 1020 (RM-87x) as you would expect from a phone. It is basically a mini Phablet, meaning a Windows PC in Phone format. If you look into the registry of this device (Loaded Hive) you will find settings for a fan etc. So especially with this Nokia 1020 they gone the performance route. Everything is pumped to maximum (1.5GHz - 2 cores) ) to give you optimal performance with windows (PC Like ) behaviour. The device has certain CPU waitstates up to S5 but they do not lower the mAh usage that much in Idle m0de. About 200-300mAh is default in Idle. So don't expect old phone standbye times of 160 hours or more. 2000mAh give you 7 hours and alot is dissapated generated heat leaving you with 5 hours in standbye. Yes, it is empty after 4 hours in your pocket. It's just a PC in hybernation mode. It's not Android. Turning the screen on gives at most 90 minutes usages, than it powers down. It's a simple fact. claimed Calling time of this phone do not differ from Idle, it is at most 2 hours with screen off. You do the math.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria