Can i use my Surface headphones with my VoIP phone?

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
I didn't think I'd have this issue so I'm a bit miffed. I bought a set of Surface Headphones to replace my wired headset at work. The goal was to go wireless and listen to music while retaining the ability to answer calls with our Cisco IP Communicator. Now I think I'm discovering that I can't do this. I can hear audio fine when there phone isn't active but when I place a call, the other person can hear me but I can't hear any audio at all.

Is this a setting I've missed (running Windows 7 at work and Cisco IP Communicator) or is Bluetooth in general not able to do this?

Jeffrey Fox

Jun 5, 2013
Visit site
So I had an opportunity to do a Skype meeting today and it worked, though I had to play with my sound settings and default devices to make it work. Still no dice on getting it to work with my VoIP phone, which is super disappointing. So Skype yes, but VoIP no. Which is weird, I don't see the difference when both are being sent via Bluetooth.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
So I had an opportunity to do a Skype meeting today and it worked, though I had to play with my sound settings and default devices to make it work. Still no dice on getting it to work with my VoIP phone, which is super disappointing. So Skype yes, but VoIP no. Which is weird, I don't see the difference when both are being sent via Bluetooth.

Unfortunately, from what I read, only Skype can be used for calls with the headphones. It is MS after all.

Jeffrey Fox1

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Back in black, or at least I hope to be. After my disappointing experience with the original Surface Headphones and my VoIP set up I'm looking at the Surface Headphones 2 with it's Bluetooth 5.0. Has anyone who has purchased the new Headphones (or Earbuds; those are sexy, too) tried using them with a VoIP set up on their PC? My company is embracing the work from home life and I'm looking to really jazz up my equipment.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Back in black, or at least I hope to be. After my disappointing experience with the original Surface Headphones and my VoIP set up I'm looking at the Surface Headphones 2 with it's Bluetooth 5.0. Has anyone who has purchased the new Headphones (or Earbuds; those are sexy, too) tried using them with a VoIP set up on their PC? My company is embracing the work from home life and I'm looking to really jazz up my equipment.

I would love to have some Surface headphones or Earbuds. I remember though that they only worked with Skype. Knowing MS, this may not have changed.

Jeffrey Fox1

May 26, 2020
Visit site
Truthfully I can get the microphone to work but can't use the audio to work at the same time (they hear me but I hear nothing). If I use the audio and switch to the laptop built-in microphone it works for about ten minutes and then crashes all audio, which I've only fixed with a reboot. I posted on both the Surface support forum and the Teams support forum with no progress. The Teams forum at least confirmed it's not a "certified device" which blows my mind but confirms they didn't seem to intend for these for PC use. I should have gone for the earbuds, though I'm not feeling any more confident that would have worked now, either.

jonathanmikkel

Jul 10, 2020
Visit site
It turns black again, a little more than I expected. After a lot of free experience with secondary documentation and my VoIP bundle, I was looking for Fifth Edition 2 and the same Bluetooth 5.0. Who bought the new wallets (or earrings; they are also very good), and who tried to use them and VoIP compared to their PCs.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
It turns black again, a little more than I expected. After a lot of free experience with secondary documentation and my VoIP bundle, I was looking for Fifth Edition 2 and the same Bluetooth 5.0. Who bought the new wallets (or earrings; they are also very good), and who tried to use them and VoIP compared to their PCs.

Not sure what you are referring to here, sorry. More information is appreciated.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria