Cant find 4G network on Lumia 1520

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 1520, upgraded to windows 10.
initially it used to show 4G network under highest connection speed in kuwait but as i moved to india and inserted a 4G sim, the option of 4G has disappeared. it shows 3G, 3G only and 2G.
Help me rectify the problem.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Nokia Lumia 1520, upgraded to windows 10.
initially it used to show 4G network under highest connection speed in kuwait but as i moved to india and inserted a 4G sim, the option of 4G has disappeared. it shows 3G, 3G only and 2G.
Help me rectify the problem.

Depending on the variant (RM# which can be found at Settings > Extras > Advanced Info > Manufacturer's Name) you likely don't have the correct Radio for teh frequencies that Indian carriers are using for 4G/LTE.

Check radio for variants here. You most likely have an RM-937 based on Kuwait as point of purchase.
Capture02.png

That would give you LTE Bands 1/3/7/8/20.

Indian carriers are using Bands 3/5/40. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_LTE_networks_in_Asia So to get a match, you would need to be on a network using Band 3 only. That would be Idea or Voda. Also note that the LTE deployments are usually for limited regions among all the regions a carrier provides service.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.