Create A Stop Script For A Single Service?????

GenuineGemini

May 31, 2022
Visit site
Hi Everyone.

I may be wishful thinking here, but I am wondering of there is a way to create a script that will run automatically when restart is selected so that it will force a particular running service to stop before the system logs off and attempts to restart?

I am having an issue with Acronis' Scheduler2 service (AcrSch2Svc) where the system hangs on restarting while it tries to wait for the service to terminate but it never does. I have waited 30+ minutes and it never terminates and I have to do a hard shutdown and restart.

The service is necessary for Acronis to perform a backup either scheduled or manual, so leaving it disabled is not an option.

I do have it set to manual startup right now, but that doesn't help stop the service when it's not longer actively necessary.

I have looked into manual triggers and automatic triggers, but I can't sort out the GUID aspect of creating a trigger and not entirely sure it would work anyway. I was trying to use Service Trigger Editor and Guidgen tool, but even as an A+ certified tech it's an area I'm just not familiar with.

I've reinstalled the program numerous times and even did a clean install of Win 10, but the issue persists. I also checked the Acronis forums and no one else appears to be having this same issue as far as I know right now.

So, Does anyone know of any way at all that I could force a service to automatically stop when restart is triggered? I have reached out to Acronis too, but still waiting for a response due to the long weekend.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Windows 10 Pro, Version: 21H2, Build: 19044.1706, Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0 | Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office, Build 39900

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria