Dear Apple, welcome to the app gap. Signed, a Windows Phone fan.

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
LOL nice.

But even if the Apple scuba diving headset had every app on the planet, it is still not going to sell at that absurd price. $4,000 including tax is insane, even for Apple.

I've always thought "Why not just have glasses that are displays?" Looks like XREAL is on the right path.

Ron-F

May 20, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the app gap, seriously? What a pathetic click bait. If they ever sell this device in numbers, Netflix will be there, unlike Windows Phone, which Google didn't want to succeed and, thus, never brought their services, not unlike what they do with the Amazon's Alexa ecosystem today. Also, Netflix is wrong. They would not expend many resources to release an Apple Vision Pro app and would please their wealthier customers.

That said, although I don't think xReal is in the same category of the Apple Vision Pro, I agree Apple's gadget is too expensive and will not sell in high numbers. I do believe Xreal and the Meta Ray Bans are trying the right approach. Start with something closer in design and comfort to what people want to later bring the full funcionality as the tech evolves.

Reactions: Cosmocronos

Sean Endicott

Staff member
Oct 28, 2014
Visit site
"If they ever sell this device in numbers" .... " I agree Apple's gadget is too expensive and will not sell in high numbers."

It seems a bit chicken and egg. That being said, I think the tone of this piece is pretty clearly comedic.

rmark66

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to the app gap, seriously? What a pathetic click bait. If they ever sell this device in numbers, Netflix will be there, unlike Windows Phone, which Google didn't want to succeed and, thus, never brought their services, not unlike what they do with the Amazon's Alexa ecosystem today. Also, Netflix is wrong. They would not expend many resources to release an Apple Vision Pro app and would please their wealthier customers.

That said, although I don't think xReal is in the same category of the Apple Vision Pro, I agree Apple's gadget is too expensive and will not sell in high numbers. I do believe Xreal and the Meta Ray Bans are trying the right approach. Start with something closer in design and comfort to what people want to later bring the full funcionality as the tech evolves.
Google also would not allow third parties to be bring Googles services there even though they allowed them on other platforms.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paul89895