Does the Xbox One still hold up for video and music content?

Ian Mancera

Feb 26, 2015
Visit site
I won't answer you question, but I want to ask a question instead bc tbh I don't have a Xbox One. But I always dreamed to have one, even just the first gen thick DVR (I was hinting that to those that maybe now upgraded to S or soon to X, maybe you could ship it as gift to a poor man like me so I would know what using Xbox feels like )

I want to ask how does it hold up for TV, or even for Live Free TV, for those that doesn't even have a cable, also does TV app and OneGuide works outside US? Does it support both free Digital and analog OTA TV? What happens to the OneGuide when it used on countries outside of support?

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys!

I’ve noticed a couple of people discussing their Xbox One’s media capabilities recently, and how viable the console is nowadays as an entertainment device. When the Xbox One was revealed, Microsoft really drove home video content in pursuit of being a “universal” console, but with the shift back toward games, does the Xbox One still hold up as a central media device in your opinion?

Between recent additions to the Xbox app offerings, such as Spotify, we now seem to have a majority of music and video services on the console. Are there any you feel are missing? Or more so, are there any OS-level features you still think the console needs going forward? As someone who mostly uses their Xbox for gaming, I would be interested to hear your opinions!

Even though my TV has the same apps, I usually use the apps on the Xbox one to listen to music or stream videos. I hardly ever use he Microsoft apps like Groove or their movies and TV app. I'll use Pandora mostly for music and Amazon, Vudu, YouTube, etc...for videos. If Microsoft would offer better deals I would use their apps. I was a Groove subscriber when they offered it at 50% off. They haven't offered any real deals on Groove unless you're a new subscriber.

AZTonyUSA

Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I won't answer you question, but I want to ask a question instead bc tbh I don't have a Xbox One. But I always dreamed to have one, even just the first gen thick DVR (I was hinting that to those that maybe now upgraded to S or soon to X, maybe you could ship it as gift to a poor man like me so I would know what using Xbox feels like )

I want to ask how does it hold up for TV, or even for Live Free TV, for those that doesn't even have a cable, also does TV app and OneGuide works outside US? Does it support both free Digital and analog OTA TV? What happens to the OneGuide when it used on countries outside of support?

I can't answer on how it works outside the US. I do use the Xbox one to watch TV with OTA. The guide works fine for me. It works for digital and analog channels.

Jim Roscovius

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I hooked up my cable to the Xbox, but the picture quality wasn't very good, and it was slow to change channels. I went back to using the cable box. I do use the One for the apps, Groove, and a few games. I still have a separate DVD player for 3D movies.

If the Xbox One X played 3D movies, I would get one. If it played SACDs, I would get two of them.

Richard Loveridge

May 26, 2015
Visit site
It's certainly ahead of everything else on the market in the UK. Apple TV, Rokku, PS4, NowTV box SkyQ box, Virgin Box all have less apps for TV content and music content. Not to mention its much faster than the likes of Apple TV. And its the only console that offers ALL Freeview HD channels directly from the aerial in the UK. It's literally the only one box here that offers gaming and a plethora of Media on one device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria