For a basic user who loves Win 10 Mobile, is iPhone or Android easier to adapt to?

James Auman

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
The spouse loves her Win 10 Mobile phone, but needs something else because Win 10 no longer has the apps she needs, AND the apps she does have become unreliable. Do you think iPhone or Android is an easier switch for a basic user who doesn't care about bells and whistles. Just wants basic stuff to be easy, quick and reliable (phone, texting, Spotify, podcasts, camera, Facebook). Or are they both about the same?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Most folks go to the iPhone for basics and ease of use.
My wife was on the iPhone 6s for a while and moved over to Android. She tells me iOS was the easier of the two.
I use Android myself.
Good luck there.

svenhassel

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
iOS by far. Once you do the initial setup in a relatively new phone, you can forget for years about its maintenance.

My parents had Android phones and they had continuos stupid minor problems (e.g. malicious advertising pop ups) that they could not solve. Since they went iOS, they all disappeared.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
For some things Android can be easier because there is choice of how you want to set your phone up. Apple has only one way of doing things and it's their way.

Once you get past the initial setup I would say iOS is more intuitive to navigate.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124