[GUIDE] Cricket Lumia 650 - Reg Keys to Enable double tap to wake

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I found out that the Lumia 650 from Cricket is on an older firmware that does not support double tap to wake. There is also no fw update in sight yet that can change it.

For those that want the info now to enable it I listed the registry keys needed. These should be the registry keys to add/get double tap to wake while on a cricket Lumia 650 fw:01078.00036.16035.40009
I'm also on Production build 10.0.14393.953

Under HKLM-> SYSTEM -> TOUCH -> Settings

Add this dword key:
WakeUpGestureSupported = 1

Under: HKLM-> SYSTEM -> TOUCH -> Settings -> FF

Add these dword keys:
EnableWakeUpGesture = 1
WakeUpGesture = 1

After adding that It should appear now under Settings->Personalization->Lock screen

If it does not reboot. I had to enable the toggle then reboot before it worked.

If not aware on how to gain access to edit the registry, there are a handful of threads on the xda-developers site that show how, and they also support those tools that are used.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
I'am not on Windows Central in normal time, I'm more on XDA (maybe you know me), so sorry if I didn't look tutorials that you've (or someone else) posted. It's the same process, but with Windows Update. But, why you've not directly mentioned that from your first or second message, instead of just said that FFUs mismatch ?
I am not sure what those cabs contain or how were they generated so cannot agree with you that its the same method posted in my guide. Can you shed some light on it or confirm what the cabs contain and how can they be extracted for other devices? I didn't respond in detail because the guide wasn't up back then. Nate, me and RumoredNow have had discussions on another thread about the upcoming guide. Besides, I didn't want to take this thread off topic. I am not much active on xda-devs but here on WC and AC.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
If the cabs are used for making changes or updates for the phone, then they could be Microsoft cabs from Windows update. Much like the ones I posted here in WC for the Lumia 950.

anon(10197358)

Mar 21, 2017
Visit site
@pankaj981

For Lumia devices manufactured with Windows Phone 8.x, *.cab files were probably obtained with Fiddler (or with any other packet analyzer). For Lumia x50 devices and (all ?) other devices manufactured with Windows 10 Mobile, *.cab files are available from catalog.update.microsoft.com.

Yep, I had edited my previous message.

Last edited:

starmizzle

May 23, 2017
Visit site
FYI, regedit method does not work for Cricket Lumia 650 with OS build 10.0.15063.297 since the registry values don't "take" when setting them. I tried really hard to put the unlocked firmware on my phone but no matter what I did it wouldn't take due to PlatformInfo being Microsoft.MSM8909.P6237_CRICKET.2.0 so I'm not sure why pankaj981 directions say Cricket Lumia 650 Debrand since it doesn't work on Cricket.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
You have to interop unlock the phone to edit the registry under those paths. His method does work. How are you trying to "put" the fw on the phone?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zahrajooon1254