How does the Apple M3 compare to the Snapdragon X Elite? The hell if we know

Hunky Dory

Mar 30, 2016
Visit site
I think we all know how Qualcomm Snapdragon X Elite stacks up to the M3. Apple did everything it could to avoid a direct comparison between the M2 and M3 chips (and by extension, Snapdragon X). Snapdragon X will almost certainly benchmark faster than the M3.

The biggest question is whether Microsoft will improve the ARM64 build of Windows so x64 hardware drivers and app emulation will work flawlessly. My Surface Pro X with 16GB RAM is slow, doesn't work with a lot of peripherals, and many x64/x86 apps refuse to run.

leo lozano

Oct 23, 2023
Visit site
Apple has revealed its M3 as expected, and we were hoping to know how it would stack up next to the Qualcomm Snapdragon X Elite, but Apple gave out very little information.

How does the Apple M3 compare to the Snapdragon X Elite? The hell if we know : Read more
Well you still have a base in the M1, i'm sure apple used their famous graphs too when they presented the M2 sometime ago, so, though taking extra steps you could estimate that if the M2 was x% faster than the M1 and the M3 is y% faster than the M1 then M3 is z% faster/slower than the M2 which will make it j% (blank) than the Elite. See ? no complications here :p

naddy69

Nov 10, 2015
Visit site
I find it very telling that Qualcomm keeps comparing to the Apple M2 chip in the MacBook Pro 13”. Let’s inject some reality into this discussion. That is the low end chip which was introduced in June 2022!

The M2 has only 8 cores. Of course the 12 core X Elite beats it. I just ran Geek Bench 6 on my 16” MacBook Pro. This has a 12 core M2 CPU running at 3.5 GHz. 2706 single thread and 14,915 multi thread. “By comparison, Qualcomm pulled off 2,940 ST, 15,130 MT “.

So, when the X Elite arrives in mid 2024 (or even later) it will be very slightly faster than Apple’s then 1.5 year old chip.

Meanwhile, the X Elite is vaporware at this point. The Apple M3 is real. Let’s see how those benchmarks look. I guarantee you that Qualcomm is already behind. By the time the X Elite is arriving in laptops late next year, the Apple M4 will have been announced.

“Even if you factor in the lowest scores/benchmark runs of the Snapdragon X Elite, it still trounces the M2.”. Yes, because it has 4 more cores than the M2. It does not “trounce” the 12 core M2 Pro.

You may want to hold off on popping those champagne corks.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124