Impossible to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2015-2022 Redistributable (x64)

Ranger

Jun 30, 2023
Visit site
Windows makes it is impossible for me to install the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64 package.
(my system is Windows 10 x64)

A simple search reveals that many Windows users have this issua and it's become a notorious problem.

What I've done so far:

In Control Panel I uninstalled all instances of Microsoft Visual C++ ... Redistributable, all existing versions.
I downloaded MS Troubleshooter and made sure there are no leftovers of the uninstalled packages.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-removed-cca7d1b6-65a9-3d98-426b-e9f927e1eb4d

I searched registry for "Microsoft Visual C++" and deleted all instances that contained "Microsoft Visual C++ ... Redistributable x64 or x86"

Deleted all content in \Downloads and \ProgramData\Package Cache

In Registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\Installer\Products
I deleted all sub-keys referring to Visual C++

and then restarted PC.
C:\Users\JPA\Desktop\vcRuntimeAdditional_x64\AttachedContainer\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_amd64
I made sure that in services.msc Windows Installer is running.

After doing all this, VC_redist.x86.exe and it installs properly; however x64 fails to install, and it will forever output the same error:

First issue: when VC_redist.x64.exe runs, it stops and says "The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable" and prompts to choose the source in the "Use source" field.
I click Browse and surprise, the vc_runtimeMinimum_x64.msi file is actually there (created by the same VC_redist.x64.exe in this folder: C:\ProgramData\Package Cache\{D5D19E2F-7189-42FE-8103-92CD1FA457C2}v14.36.32532\packages\vcRuntimeMinimum_amd64);
and if I click OK it spits another error- "not a valid installation package" !
I attach both error screenshots.
Why stupid Windows says it's unavailable is a mystery...

I would appreciate any help.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria