Lumia 630 DS and 3G-only carrier

Andrei Staicu

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I have a RM-978 on Denim, and two carriers, let's call them
- O, which provides both 3G and 2G connectivity, and
- D, which only provides 3G
If I choose D to use for data connection, everything works fine.
However, if I choose O to use for data connection, D shows up as "Network not found". It _might_ be that the phone switches the second sim in a 2G mode.
Of course, I'm the second case, of wanting O as data provider :grin:

Did anyone meet with this issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks.

skydiverian

Nov 14, 2015
Visit site
However, if I choose O to use for data connection, D shows up as "Network not found". It _might_ be that the phone switches the second sim in a 2G mode.

Standard behaviour unfortunately - all dual sim phones I've used only have 2x 2G radios and 1x 3G radio (and 1x 4G radio on LTE devices). I use three in the UK which is 3G/4G only and has no 2G coverage, so when I used my 630 and set data to the other network, the three sim can only access the 2G radio - and with no coverage on 2G, simply said there was no signal.

Essentially this is as expected and you can't do anything about it.

Alun Lambert

Apr 27, 2016
Visit site
I have exactly the same issue with my Lumia 640 Dual SIM, if I don't select my Three network SIM (3G/4G capable) as my mobile data SIM it shows no service, my other SIM is EE (2G/3G/4G) capable and shows as available whichever SIM I select as the data SIM. I guess there is nothing that can be done without getting a phone with multiple 3G/4G radios.:unhappy:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
parkerouma