Lumia 640 lte: Never worked properly now Instagram wont load?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 640 lte: Never worked properly now Instagram wont load

What is wrong with this phone?

I had a Nokia Lumia 920 before this and it was probably the best phone I'd ever had, so it was obvious to me when I wanted to go Contract to go with the Lumia again.

The phone is terrible.

I have had to factory reset it twice in less than a year.

It locks up constantly, half the apps don't work.

Now, it wont let me do anything with photos, including loading Instagram, 4Shot or even just Crop Fix rotate that's inbuilt in the hadset as standard.
It also wont open Facebook without closing it again as Facebook needs to be updated, yet when you try you get error after error. Facebook itself says I need to update the phone software, yet when I go to Settings, it tells me no updates are available and my software is up to date.

I've put in lots of brand new SD cards too, but everyone says it needs to be scanned whenever I switch the phone off, I also cannot record video anymore.

This is possibly the worst handset I have ever had, and I had an early 3 smartphone that looked like a space remote.

Is anyone else finding similar? Did you find what to do bar Factory reset?
I have soft reset and removed the apps and reinstalled, so I've done all the usual stuff you get told to do.

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 lte: Never worked properly now Instagram wont load

What is wrong with this phone?

I had a Nokia Lumia 920 before this and it was probably the best phone I'd ever had, so it was obvious to me when I wanted to go Contract to go with the Lumia again.

The phone is terrible.

I have had to factory reset it twice in less than a year.

It locks up constantly, half the apps don't work.

Now, it wont let me do anything with photos, including loading Instagram, 4Shot or even just Crop Fix rotate that's inbuilt in the hadset as standard.
It also wont open Facebook without closing it again as Facebook needs to be updated, yet when you try you get error after error. Facebook itself says I need to update the phone software, yet when I go to Settings, it tells me no updates are available and my software is up to date.

I've put in lots of brand new SD cards too, but everyone says it needs to be scanned whenever I switch the phone off, I also cannot record video anymore.

This is possibly the worst handset I have ever had, and I had an early 3 smartphone that looked like a space remote.

Is anyone else finding similar? Did you find what to do bar Factory reset?
I have soft reset and removed the apps and reinstalled, so I've done all the usual stuff you get told to do.

You cna go to Settings, Info, Show more , Restore my Phone for a hard reset, or follow the hard reset key sequence.
But you wrote you did it twice, and nothing changed....
The real question is: did you updated o.s. and all the apps or there something in pending code in Store?
Wich build you got? Settings, Info, Show more
Are you using X10 minimum sd cards?

SSflash

Jan 13, 2012
Visit site
Re: Lumia 640 lte: Never worked properly now Instagram wont load

I'm in the exact same boat as you. Had a 920 and then switched carriers so I thought I'd get a 640 as a stopgap. This is my worst experience with a windows phone and I've been a windows phone user going back to windows mobile 6.0. My phone constantly crashes and sometimes won't load apps or web pages. Seriously thinking of jumping to android.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Happy