Macbook Air Shutting off itself

christinalevinee

Feb 8, 2018
Visit site
I have a 2014 Macbook Air 13". Early 2014.

4GB, 128GB SSD.

The battery was charged full, I set it to download/Install High Sierra and I went to bed. It was still downloading. Computer was NOT plugged in, running on battery alone.

I woke up and the computer was off. I thought maybe it had installed and turned off or inactivity or whatever. I turned it on. It came on and after a few moments, just shut off itself.

Connected the charged and the light kept changing between green and orange. And ever since then, the laptop will not come on and stay on.

I tried the Shift+Mac key three button thing. No difference.
I got into recovery, it still shut off.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a 2014 Macbook Air 13". Early 2014.

4GB, 128GB SSD.

The battery was charged full, I set it to download/Install High Sierra and I went to bed. It was still downloading. Computer was NOT plugged in, running on battery alone.

I woke up and the computer was off. I thought maybe it had installed and turned off or inactivity or whatever. I turned it on. It came on and after a few moments, just shut off itself.

Connected the charged and the light kept changing between green and orange. And ever since then, the laptop will not come on and stay on.

I tried the Shift+Mac key three button thing. No difference.
I got into recovery, it still shut off.

Welcome to Windows Central! We are all about Windows products here. You would have better luck finding help with that here:
iMore - Ask a Question

robertosburn

Feb 5, 2018
Visit site
When your Mac experiences a random shut down, the best thing to do is reboot it and immediately restart it again. This two-step process is necessary because some programs don’t always shut down correctly the first time around. To begin the second reboot, select Restart from the Apple menu.

Unfortunately, just rebooting your Mac might not solve the problem. If this is the case, Apple recommends resetting the SMC, which is a subsystem of Intel processor-based Macintosh computers. It is similar in function to the older System Manager Unit (SMU) or Power Management Unit (PMU) of non-Intel Macintosh computers. The SMC controls your computer’s thermal and power management, battery charging, video mode switching, sleep and wake, hibernation, and LED indicators.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nehalwadehra