Major issues on Surface Laptop after updating to the April 2018 update!

anon(9099462)

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
So after updating my surface laptop to the newly released update by Microsoft my laptop has been freezing up, showing the blue screen and rebooting constantly. At one time it booted to the UEFI screen in a loop and wouldn't let me boot my laptop to the login screen. I did not want to do this but I'm going to have to restore my laptop to factory default and hopefully that fixes the problem.

What other issues have you experienced with the new update?

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I had blue screens after the April update so I thought an easy fix would be a clean install- but after doing two clean installs i am still having all kinds of problems. I guess they forgot to test this on the surface laptop.

I think I might go back to the fall creators update because I'm finding the stability issues to be unbearable.

anon(9099462)

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I restored my Surface Laptop to factory default back to the way it came out of the box. I then upgraded again to Windows 10 Pro. Then Windows Update starting downloading all the updates as soon as it started downloading the April 2018 update I got the blue screen so I waited until my laptop restarted and turned off the feature updates for the next 90 days since it hasn't downloaded any feature updates it's been running just fine. So seems to me there's an obvious issue with this update and the Surface Laptop

Grimlock

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I restored my Surface Laptop to factory default back to the way it came out of the box. I then upgraded again to Windows 10 Pro. Then Windows Update starting downloading all the updates as soon as it started downloading the April 2018 update I got the blue screen so I waited until my laptop restarted and turned off the feature updates for the next 90 days since it hasn't downloaded any feature updates it's been running just fine. So seems to me there's an obvious issue with this update and the Surface Laptop

Same thing for me- I went back to 1709 and it's running perfectly now. I'll wait a month or so before trying to update again.

Lesley Rennie

May 14, 2018
Visit site
So after updating my surface laptop to the newly released update by Microsoft my laptop has been freezing up, showing the blue screen and rebooting constantly. At one time it booted to the UEFI screen in a loop and wouldn't let me boot my laptop to the login screen. I did not want to do this but I'm going to have to restore my laptop to factory default and hopefully that fixes the problem.

What other issues have you experienced with the new update?

Lesley Rennie

May 14, 2018
Visit site

I hesitated to install the new Windows April 2018 update as my laptop always has issues after these major updates. However I set it up and look and behold, a problem. After pc turned back on, Microsoft Edge uploaded what I believe to be a fake message saying that I have 3 viruses and to click on the Continue button to scan the pc. I used Task Manager to end the program but when clicking on Microsoft Edge again, the same message appeared.

The message claims to be from Microsoft Security essentials, which is unsupported on Windows 10. Has anyone else experienced this issue? I have scanned the pc via Windows Defender and it was all clear. I deleted my browsing history and cookies , and restarted the computer. The message came up again so I have repeated the same and turned the computer off as this has taken over 6 hours and is getting on for 3.30 in the morning and I am feeling tired!

Any other information greatly appreciated.

VictorKenya

Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm using maybe the oldest hardware dell latitude E6510 but I have never run into any update issues since windows 10 was released. Currently rocking April update and everything is working as it should.
My device has 4gigs of ram, Intel core i5 4th generation.

anon(9099462)

Jul 9, 2015
Visit site
I am having the same problem in the new update. did you fix the issue after restoring laptop to factroy default?

The problem did get fixed with a full system restore. I ended up restoring my laptop back to the way it came out of the box, so when I restored it, I had to update to Windows 10 Pro. But so far no issues present since restoring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kasha963