Multi displays

jeffnc

Mar 15, 2023
Visit site
Can anyone point me toward a good resource for getting multiple displays to work? I've had 4 extra displays I'm not using. A couple times I briefly looked up how to hook them up, but whatever instructions I looked up didn't work, and I didn't pursue with much enthusiasm. I'm ready to go at it again.
I currently have ASUS-Z97AR motherboard with whatever onboard graphics it has. Graphics card I'm using is ATI AMD Radeon R9 200. I've got 4 NVIDIA GeForce GTX1070 cards laying around. I was thinking of using 1 or 2 (SLI) to put in a different system for other use, but haven't decided. Either 2 or 3 of them would be available to me, or I'll sell some. I've got a multi-arm stand to use if necessary.

For use, not something super specific yet. I just want the extra real estate to move web browsers around. Might also get more into Forex trading and multiple browsers will come in handy there. Any pointers to get started appreciated.

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
With the 1070's you have 3 DisplayPorts and one HDMI and one DVI, so it should really only be a matter of connecting the monitors (and any applicable adapters if needed) and assigning them in Windows or the NVidia Control Panel. Alternatively, you should be able to daisy chain them off the display ports as well using Display port MST. I guess one missing factor here is.. what displays are you using and how do they connect?

Reactions: HelloNNNewman

jeffnc

Mar 15, 2023
Visit site
Oh thanks, it didn't occur to me to look for multiple ports on the graphics cards.

The displays are ASUS VH238 and I see they have 3 ports - HDMI, DVI, and VGA.
I'll check into your Windows 10 link.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria