New Graphics Drivers

Stinomus

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
So I had some issues with graphics (every now and then a crash in a 3D application or game) and there are no new WHQL drivers for the graphics card. Intel has released new drivers for the HD4400 used in the Surface Pro 2 - downloadable here which fixed the issues I was having.

If you are having graphics related problems try the new drivers, you will have to:
Download the .zip package (not the .exe) and extract it somewhere.
From the start screen search for device manager.
Under Display Adapters select Intel(R) HD Graphics Family or whatever it happens to be called (this can change based on the driver name)
Then under the Driver tab select Update Driver... and choose Browse my computer for driver software
Then at the bottom select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
Then choose Have Disk... and
find the folder you extracted it into and select the Graphics subfolder, then click Next.

If you have problems you can always go back to the Driver tab and select Rollback Driver.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Added missing step... thanks PLGomez!

Last edited:

unstoppablekem

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
Wish they would just do the driver updates within windows update instead of searching for them and downloading it, but this still fixes the issue. Thanks!

PLGomez

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Okay, so I don't think I had the issue but I tried it anyways and it says I already had the latest drivers... Did I already have the latest drivers or am I just doing it wrong?

Stinomus

Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Yep that's showing you have the old drivers. Crap I just realized I missed a step in the instructions, I'll amend the initial post.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124