Pictures Corrupted after Cropping with Windows 10 Photo App

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I was recently cropping some photos using the Windows 10 Photo App and several of my photos got corrupted in a strange way. The files themselves are not corrupted, I can still open them, however they have random sections of the photo tiled across the length of the picture. The thumbnails in Windows Explorer look normal, and they looked normal when I cropped and saved them, but upon opening them again the problem surfaced. I have tried reverting back to a previous version of the file, but it says no previous versions exist. I need to include the photos in a report for work, so I'm looking for a way to get them back to their original conditions (they are no longer on the device used to take them). I've attached an example of one of the photos below. Please suggest me Windows Customer Service. Thanks in advance for any advice!

davidhk129

Dec 22, 2014
Visit site
I was recently cropping some photos using the Windows 10 Photo App and several of my photos got corrupted in a strange way. The files themselves are not corrupted, I can still open them, however they have random sections of the photo tiled across the length of the picture. The thumbnails in Windows Explorer look normal, and they looked normal when I cropped and saved them, but upon opening them again the problem surfaced. I have tried reverting back to a previous version of the file, but it says no previous versions exist. I need to include the photos in a report for work, so I'm looking for a way to get them back to their original conditions (they are no longer on the device used to take them). I've attached an example of one of the photos below. Please suggest me Windows Customer Service. Thanks in advance for any advice!

I do not have answer to your immediate problem.
I post this reply just to make recommendations for future use :

1. Restore Windows Photo Viewer to Windows 10. (It is the default photo viewer for Windows 7).
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/14312-restore-windows-photo-viewer-windows-10-a.html

2. Install Picpick which I have been using for at least 2+ years. It does way more than cropping. Very versatile and most important of all, it is FREE.
PicPick - by NGWIN, All-in-one design tool, Screen Capture, Image Editor, Color Picker, Pixel Ruler and More

Take the free version like I did. No need to buy it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FegleyArnold