Restore from backup missing mail and text messages???

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hi
I got stuck in somekind of loop, when updating my L930 to the latest redstone build...

I had to use MDRT. So i ended up back on 8.1. I installed insider app again. I hit the fast ring and......just updated what turned up, with out reading anything.....

First surprise: In the past every time I had to restore it did so perfectly, it restored text messages and everything.

Does someone know if its possible to get my txt messages back?

Second surprise: I thought I got the newest redstone build, it turns out all my work (it took for ages with the gears-page) got me build 10586.107?????
I just checked for updates again, and now it tells me I can have .218???

Does someone know if this is normal?

Guess I was lucky when I did all the other insider updates - now I understand, what "the whining" is about. I am not whining though :)

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi
I got stuck in somekind of loop, when updating my L930 to the latest redstone build...

I had to use MDRT. So i ended up back on 8.1. I installed insider app again. I hit the fast ring and......just updated what turned up, with out reading anything.....

First surprise: In the past every time I had to restore it did so perfectly, it restored text messages and everything.

Does someone know if its possible to get my txt messages back?

Second surprise: I thought I got the newest redstone build, it turns out all my work (it took for ages with the gears-page) got me build 10586.107?????
I just checked for updates again, and now it tells me I can have .218???

Does someone know if this is normal?

Guess I was lucky when I did all the other insider updates - now I understand, what "the whining" is about. I am not whining though :)

text messages take a while to sync back, surprised this hasn't been fixed yet. Stay on 10586, it's good for now unlike the 14xxx builds

Faar126

Jul 26, 2014
Visit site
Thank you Chintan! Guess you are right in respect of staying on the more stable builds....
I am not really a super insider.....but after being on the fast ring for a while I am sort of addicted...😃
My txt messages are still missing. What I dont get is, that the apps are about right, my mails accounts got restored too....so why didn't the txt messages?
I've checked out my backups on onedrive, there is only one? Is that normal?....
Guess I have to look into that😃

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smith non231