Sky Go App available to download from Sky website

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Apologies if this is old news, but I've just noticed that Sky has finally caught up with the idea that Windows 10 is a mainstream OS worth supporting and have built a Sky Go app, which is available to download from the SkyGo website.

I can't tell you how many arguments I've had with Sky about their lack of support for Windows 10 over the last 3 years.

2016 - they told me that Silverlight and Internet Explorer is the only standard they'd support and they wouldn't consider moving on from that.

Then they told me Windows 10 was not mainstream and would probably be replaced by Windows 11 in the next couple of years so they were going to stick with supporting SkyGo on IE and Windows 7 until Windows 11 came out. What the FFFFFF!!

2017 - several online chats resulted in them acknowledging that maybe...just maybe...Windows 10 was going to be around for a little bit longer than they originally anticipated and that maybe it was time for them to get on board. But, every conversation ended with "yeah, if you want to take your sky movies and downloads with you, you'll have to get an Apple or Android device. Windows isn't big enough for us to support."

Well, clearly they've decided that we're worth supporting and we have an app!! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria