Surface Pro 7 5-10 Sec Freeze (i7, 16GB)

briggsie50

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
Hi
I am having the same issue since i got mine but i noticed one thing yesterday while doing some work on an external monitor. I had the SP7 plugged in to an external monitor in mirror mode and when the screen on the SP7 froze the screen on the external monitor did not i.e. the mouse kept moving and making selections etc. Not quite sure what this means but seems to me like the issue then is with the SP7 screen not CPU or RAM etc.
Has anyone any ideas - it is so frustrating :angry:

briggsie50

Feb 27, 2020
Visit site
Actually now that i think about it when i am attached to the docking station it still freezes on my 2 external monitors but when i was connected via the USB -C with HDMI adapter the external screen did not freeze. Does that indicate drivers for graphics card?

Bjoern 1

Apr 11, 2020
Visit site
My Surface Pro shows exactly the same behaviour. Randomly freezing of the whole touch screen. No relevant tasks or cpu usage that show up. I also have the same investigations as the others here. There are no issues on a second monitor, only if I move the mouse or any application to the sureface touch screen it freezes regulary. No matter if with or without docking station.

Any advice highly appreciated.... Device in standalone mode is just unusable!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria