Surface PRO X Buttons

mathdj84

Nov 2, 2020
Visit site
Dear all,
I'm new in the forum and first of all I'd like to say hi to all.

I have a question that probably would be a bit strange and uncommon. The Surface PRO X is an awesome machine, so good in many ways and in my job I use it a lot as a pdf reader for scores (I'm an opera singer). Now the problem is that in my opinion there is a huge mistake in the project . They built the Surface with the volume rocker and the power button in the two sides, left and right, using the Surface in horizontal mode. But when you rotate the tablet to use it in the portrait mode, on a music stand for example, the the weight of itselves pushes the buttons (the volume or the power depends which side you use to stand).

I don't know if the problem is clear, sorry for my English.

The question is: Is there a procedure to lock the volume rocker for example?maybe is it possible from the Register?

Thank you to all.

jbs-horn

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
Click on the speaker icon in the system tray on the lower right, select "Open Sound Settings," then under "Output" select "Device Properties" or "Manage sound devices." On the Device Properties page that appears, check the "Disable" box. On the "Manage sound devices" page, select "Speakers" and click on "Disable." Either will turn off the volume rocker as well as the speakers. Turning the sound back on uses the "Manage sound devices" selection to re-enable the speakers when you're finished using the device on your music stand.

anon(5327127)

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Grab an A4 page of paper. First, turn the page to portrait orientation, folding 4mm sections at at time, until you reach the end. There you go. You now have a spacer.

Other than that, you could always change the power option (if it's available) for 'when I press the power button' to equal, 'nothing'. (That's in the old Control panel, power)

Thanks.

Omani Luna

Jun 28, 2021
Visit site
Same problem here. I'm a professional musician who upgraded from Surface 4 to Surface X and it's a constant problem using it at the piano and organ. I've been looking for a case or something to solve this. It's a huge design flaw but of course not a problem for iPad users. The old button placement made much more sense for tablet use.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bentecdigital