Why am I unable to receive MMS on Lumia 640 LTE?

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site
Unable to receive MMS on Lumia 640 LTE

I have a Lumia 640 LTE that I use with a Straighttalk T-Mobile sim. This works great, I can browse the internet on my cellular network, I can send MMS and people see the pics I send. But I can't receive MMS. I get a message to download media content but it never shows up.

I have a feeling it is not the APN settings, I have tried about 15 different configurations and the settings I have now work great except for receiving MMS. Any other settings won't let me send MMS or browse the internet.

If not APN, what else can I try? I have owned my phone since July and have yet to receive a single MMS....

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
Re: Unable to receive MMS on Lumia 640 LTE

When you bought the phone, did you register it on your account (provide your carrier the IMEI)?

I had a similar thing with ATT, where, after a few months, their system figured out I had an IMEI mismatch, and I stopped receiving MMS. I called them, they updated their system, and all was good.

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site

No, the IMEI was registered. I have never been able to receive a single MMS since I bought it. I can send them fine, though.

gordonfink

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site

Can you access internet explorer? Seems like there must be a data setting someplace.

anon(9435020)

May 1, 2015
Visit site

I have no problem accessing Internet Explorer on the cellular network or with Wifi. Like I am saying, I don't think the error is in the APN settings. I have read how people were able to set up fake access points (with apps that are no longer available). Is there a way to do that currently?

Never mind, I got it. APN settings are as follows:

For Straight Talk with T-Mobile, use these settings:

For Internet, just put wap.tracfone for APN and save.
For MMS:

APN: wap.tracfone
WAP Gateway: 216.155.165.40
WAP Port: 8080
MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
MMSC port: 80
Max MMS Size: 10485

Last edited:

lockvine

May 23, 2016
Visit site
I haven't found a good fix yet but a work around that seems to work fine for me is to turn off wifi then download the message. I only have problems sending and receiving MMS's when i'm on wifi. Turn that off everything works fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EdgiHudi