Why are all of the popular songs from my MP3 albums being methodically deleted?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have a Nokia Lumia phone with X-box live music on it. I copied my own MP3 files onto it--files I had made from CDs I owned. Recently I went through my music files and found that certain files were missing--oddly enough, always the files that I most wanted to listen to. Rather than random files, it seems like anything that ever made the top 100 or was recognized as a somewhat popular song is gone. Examples:

Vince Guaraldi--everything's there except ALL the songs from the Peanuts movies. No "Linus and Lucy." No "Christmas Time is Here." Just schlocky covers of old people's music.
Badfinger's greatest hits--no deletions except for "No Matter What" and "Come and Get It." I mean, what else did they do that was worth listening to? "Without You" is there, but who listens to that after Nilssen covered it?
Fanfare Ciocarlioa's "Iag Bari"--everything's there except the song "Iag Bari."
Ramones--"All the Stuff." All the stuff except "Blitzkreig Bop" and "Sheena Is a Punk Rocker." Also "Judy is a Punk" is gone for some reason, even though it wasn't popular. "Let's Dance" is still there, but I bet it's gone by next month.
"Animals" has been reduced to "Pigs on the Wing" 1 and 2, and "Sheep."

It goes on like that. Albums I haven't listened to in years, and have never accessed on this phone have been stripped of their most popular songs--down to obscure Balkan music that no one has ever heard of.

What the heck? Did I forget to wear my foil hat or something?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a Nokia Lumia phone with X-box live music on it. I copied my own MP3 files onto it--files I had made from CDs I owned. Recently I went through my music files and found that certain files were missing--oddly enough, always the files that I most wanted to listen to. Rather than random files, it seems like anything that ever made the top 100 or was recognized as a somewhat popular song is gone. Examples:

Vince Guaraldi--everything's there except ALL the songs from the Peanuts movies. No "Linus and Lucy." No "Christmas Time is Here." Just schlocky covers of old people's music.
Badfinger's greatest hits--no deletions except for "No Matter What" and "Come and Get It." I mean, what else did they do that was worth listening to? "Without You" is there, but who listens to that after Nilssen covered it?
Fanfare Ciocarlioa's "Iag Bari"--everything's there except the song "Iag Bari."
Ramones--"All the Stuff." All the stuff except "Blitzkreig Bop" and "Sheena Is a Punk Rocker." Also "Judy is a Punk" is gone for some reason, even though it wasn't popular. "Let's Dance" is still there, but I bet it's gone by next month.
"Animals" has been reduced to "Pigs on the Wing" 1 and 2, and "Sheep."

It goes on like that. Albums I haven't listened to in years, and have never accessed on this phone have been stripped of their most popular songs--down to obscure Balkan music that no one has ever heard of.

What the heck? Did I forget to wear my foil hat or something?

what happens if you copy one of those songs back to the phone in the same location? Can you try that?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raymowen