Why can't I install a fresh installation on Surface Go

idoyohanan

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
Hi,

We are currently trying to test the Surface Go tablet if it fits our needs. We bought one to our company.

The thing is that we are trying to install a fresh Windows edition on this tablet: Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB (ESD)
The installation does not recognize the surface go storage drivers and thus we do not succeed to install it on the surface. "No signed device drivers were found. make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers".

We have tried thousands of things:
- Download drivers from Surface Windows page and direct the “load driver” to it
- Install directly from the currently windows.
- Install Windows Enterprise 1803.

All things failed on same error.

Can you please help us figure out on a solution ? What can we do in order to format and install a different edition on the Surface go tablet ??

Thanks a lot in advance

Last edited:

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

We are currently trying to test the Surface Go tablet if it fits our needs. We bought one to our company.

The thing is that we are trying to install a fresh Windows edition on this tablet: Windows® 10 IoT Enterprise 2016 LTSB (ESD)
The installation does not recognize the surface go storage drivers and thus we do not succeed to install it on the surface. "No signed device drivers were found. make sure that the installation media contains the correct drivers".

We have tried thousands of things:
- Download drivers from Surface Windows page and direct the “load driver” to it
- Install directly from the currently windows.
- Install Windows Enterprise 1803.

All things failed on same error.

Can you please help us figure out on a solution ? What can we do in order to format and install a different edition on the Surface go tablet ??

Thanks a lot in advance

I don't believe the Intel®Pentium® Gold Processor 4415Y is compatible with Windows 10 IoT Enterprise (I only see N and J series listed as supported). If you have a specific use case I would reach out to the Surface Team directly.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/iot-core/windows-iot-enterprise

idoyohanan

Sep 10, 2018
Visit site
Thanks. As I wrote we also tried to install Windows 10 Enterprise 1803.
The thing is that when we reach the drives window in the Windows installation, the error is shown and we cannot proceed in the installation.
I attached also the screen shots.
Thanks.
20180903_105824.jpg
20180903_111359.jpg

jnjroach

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. As I wrote we also tried to install Windows 10 Enterprise 1803.
The thing is that when we reach the drives window in the Windows installation, the error is shown and we cannot proceed in the installation.
I attached also the screen shots.
Thanks.
View attachment 139768
View attachment 139769

As I said - you will need to create a custom WIM or at least a Custom Install. I would recommend downloading the MDT - https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/mdt/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wopkof