Will an unlocked Lumia 920 from AT&T work on Metro PCS?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Question about Unlocked phones.

So 1 year today I bought my Lumia 521. Its been a good phone and has served me well. Unfortunately a few days ago I dropped it and cracked the screen. :( so now its time to retire it. The dilemma is that my carrier (MetroPCS) discontinued both the Lumia 521 and 635. The 635 is virtually impossible to find on metro pcs on eBay or amazon. That leaves me with my only option:521. Its a nice phone but I would rather upgrade to something like the 920..
My question: If I buy an unlocked Lumia 920 that was on at&t and take it to metro pcs to activate it. Will it work? And also can unlocked phones receive regular software updates and such? Thank you.

thron

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Re: Question about Unlocked phones.

You can repair cracked screens quite easily. Just buy the glass in a kit with tools off eBay and watch a video as a guide.

Just because a phone is unlocked doesn't necessarily mean it'll work on your providers network.. Some use different frequencies. Compare frequencies before to buy a phone from anywhere than your current provider.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Question about Unlocked phones.

Since Metro PCS SIM enabled phones are using T-Mo towers (T-Mobile bought Metro this year) look for an unlocked T-Mo branded Lumia 925. It is a great all around phone and will be 100% ready to ride on Metro PCS service.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard