Windows 10 build 16299 discussion (Redstone 3, Fast)

thurask

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 build 16299 discussion (Redstone 3, Fast)
WC: https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-build-16299
MS: https://blogs.windows.com/windowsex...ing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-16299-pc

New/Fixed on PC:
  • We fixed an issue some Insiders were experiencing where after upgrading to recent flights their optical drive wouldn’t be listed under This PC.
  • We fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge might crash when scrolling embedded PDFs.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in some Insiders seeing 0x80070005 when trying to upgrade to the last few flights.
  • We fixed an issue where using the Automatic File Download notification to block an app from downloading files wasn’t working for UWP apps.
  • We fixed an issue resulting in Windows Defender potentially downloading files selected to be online-only after using the file picker dialog and viewing their thumbnails.

Broken on PC:
  • ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This build and version is the latest Redstone 3 build in testing for Desktop Insiders on the Fast Ring.

Issues? Bugs? Solutions? For all things Windows 10 build 16299, discuss it here.

Basic tip

If you're having any issues with your device, try a reset.

Settings > Update & security > Recovery > Reset this PC > This provides you with two options: 1. Keep my files and 2. Remove everything

Keep my files

Does just as its name describes. If you choose the setting you can reinstall Windows 10 without having to back up any of the pictures, videos, music and documents that you have stored on it. You absolutely should back up these things just in case, but you shouldn’t need to use that back up. Keep My Files requires a certain amount of free space on your device. As such, it may be unavailable to you if your device is stuffed with a lot of files. If you get an error message asking for more storage when you choose this option you’ll need to back up your files and choose the remove everything option. You could also delete any files that you aren’t using on your device and try the option again. This option will take longer than the other options.

Remove Everything

Deletes every file, every setting from your device and gives you a blank copy of Windows 10 to work with. You’ll need to add any files you have backed up to your device again.

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Well, I decided to move to the Insider Slow Ring on my home computer so I can test out the Android Cortana Integration. Cool, the 16299 is downloading without issue. I figured, might as well do it on my other computer I do all day, which is setup the same way as my home computer will all the updates installed.

Well, it wants to download the 16251 build instead, which I do not want. Any ideas what is going on? Same Microsoft account as well but, my second computer is also on a domain.

gbm97

Aug 23, 2015
Visit site
So if this is the final fast release and I'm currently in the slow release can I install the fast release and consider myself on the final fall creators update then quit the insiders program to be done with it?

Tien-Lin Chang

Feb 9, 2015
Visit site
Oh boy, this is by far the worse release ring build I ever had. Just purchased my new surface pro and got amazed by the continue on PC feature in this (said to be) RTM build so I got it on release ring.

First the market app lost search function, every keyword input resulted in a blank search result. Then the built-in mail stop sync to all my accounts, I couldn't add or remove account either. Reset the app did no help. Finally I decide to reset my whole system then when it finished, I lost my setting, edge with broken market and mail app. This is really a nightmare, I'm going to do a recover from image today and stay away from insider program.

Can't believe this kind of module failure happens in release ring....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SlimPulseWeightLoss