Windows 10 M sucks mobile data for no reason

javajimmy

Dec 25, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

I have just again experienced that Windows mobile 10 on a Lumia 650 eats up my mobile data for no apparent reason.
During the night before yesterday, it sucked up 1.5 GB of data which appears under "System" in the mobile data usage overview. I don't think that it was a software update as these are normally done only via WiFi. Also I disabled anything that has to do with auto-update and using mobile Data. I also ticked "limit mobile data usage in the background" and only allowed a hand full of apps to actually run in the background.

Now I did some research and found out that this is an old issue that should already have been fixed by now.
But I am kind of scared now it will happen again and would like to ask you for any advice on how I can avoid this in the future.

I appreciate and comments and ideas. Thank you.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I have just again experienced that Windows mobile 10 on a Lumia 650 eats up my mobile data for no apparent reason.
During the night before yesterday, it sucked up 1.5 GB of data which appears under "System" in the mobile data usage overview. I don't think that it was a software update as these are normally done only via WiFi. Also I disabled anything that has to do with auto-update and using mobile Data. I also ticked "limit mobile data usage in the background" and only allowed a hand full of apps to actually run in the background.

Now I did some research and found out that this is an old issue that should already have been fixed by now.
But I am kind of scared now it will happen again and would like to ask you for any advice on how I can avoid this in the future.

I appreciate and comments and ideas. Thank you.

Have you gone through each entry in the privacy settings for advanced customisations?

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Well you can always go into: Settings -> Network & Wireless -> Data Usage and set the "Restrict background data" to something besides "Never"...

The last thing to try is to Reset your phone. Just don't do a restore. Do a reset and "start fresh". WM is the easiest to get back to your old setup with the Microsoft Store and rearranging your tiles.

But I have to tell you, nothing sucks background data more than Android. I was really surprised that I hit my limit every frick'n month when I switch to Android (MetroPCS 2gig plan). I tweaked everything I could find to bring it down, nothing worked. Oddly enough when I called MetroPCS to move back to WM, MetroPCS upgraded me to a 4gig plan for free, since they noticed I was hitting my limit. Oddly enough back to WM, my usage has dropped dramatically.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria