Solved windows 10 touch keyboard

Stomper

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
I am looking for the command line or shortcut to activate the windows 10 touch keyboard. NOT the OSK. I need this to run on my second monitor since the touch keyboard button fails to show up on the secondary monitor's Taskbar. I do not like the behavior of the OSK. Thanks for the help.

Solution
SOLVED I am looking for the command line or shortcut to activate the windows 10 touch keyboard. NOT the OSK. I need this to run on my second monitor since the touch keyboard button fails to show up on the secondary monitor's Taskbar. I do not like the behavior of the OSK. Thanks for the help.
FOUND the answer, make a desktop shortcut to TabTip.exe then pin the shortcut to your Taskbar. Set the Taskbar to show on all monitors. When you run the shortcut, the keyboard may appear on the wrong monitor, but it will snap to the monitor you are using when you select a text box or most other windows operations. The only program I have trouble with is Libre Office, Windows is clueless about what is going on with that. The shortcut still...

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site

Stomper

Nov 23, 2023
Visit site
SOLVED I am looking for the command line or shortcut to activate the windows 10 touch keyboard. NOT the OSK. I need this to run on my second monitor since the touch keyboard button fails to show up on the secondary monitor's Taskbar. I do not like the behavior of the OSK. Thanks for the help.
FOUND the answer, make a desktop shortcut to TabTip.exe then pin the shortcut to your Taskbar. Set the Taskbar to show on all monitors. When you run the shortcut, the keyboard may appear on the wrong monitor, but it will snap to the monitor you are using when you select a text box or most other windows operations. The only program I have trouble with is Libre Office, Windows is clueless about what is going on with that. The shortcut still works with Libre, its just that the TabTip keyboard won't snap to the monitor running Libre Office.

Reactions: Bla1ze
Solution

Bla1ze

Community Manager
Staff member
Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
FOUND the answer, make a desktop shortcut to TabTip.exe then pin the shortcut to your Taskbar. Set the Taskbar to show on all monitors. When you run the shortcut, the keyboard may appear on the wrong monitor, but it will snap to the monitor you are using when you select a text box or most other windows operations. The only program I have trouble with is Libre Office, Windows is clueless about what is going on with that. The shortcut still works with Libre, its just that the TabTip keyboard won't snap to the monitor running Libre Office.
Glad you were able to find a solution and thanks for sharing it for others!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria