With a Windows Mobile refresh coming, can we expect a new smartwatch/wearable as well?

Pierre Blackwell

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
Like most of us on here, I've been a MSFT loyalist and as such have been pleased to see pictures and information about a new UI interface with Windows 10 mobile using C shell. It's evident that MSFT is set on a path, and despite our patience being tested, they at least seem committed to the mobile space for the foreseeable future. With that being said, I wonder what plans if any MSFT has for a possible Windows watch or Band remix? I can confidently say that no other wearable out there interfaces better with Windows mobile than the MSFT band. I've recently replaced my MSFT band 2 with my original band, that I've had locked in my closet for the past two and a half years. It works like it did when I first purchased it. What is showed me is that despite it's age, it still holds its own with the likes of other wearables out there. I've tried Garmin, Fitbit, and Vector only to find myself still searching because they all have sync issues with the OS. If MSFT can somehow combine the durability of the original band with the functionality of the second iteration, and add some of the features they were going to bring to band 3, it would be an amazing component to the new Windows phone. I haven't heard anything about it, yet I see the band app continuing to be upgraded, so I remain optimistic.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Like most of us on here, I've been a MSFT loyalist and as such have been pleased to see pictures and information about a new UI interface with Windows 10 mobile using C shell. It's evident that MSFT is set on a path, and despite our patience being tested, they at least seem committed to the mobile space for the foreseeable future. With that being said, I wonder what plans if any MSFT has for a possible Windows watch or Band remix? I can confidently say that no other wearable out there interfaces better with Windows mobile than the MSFT band. I've recently replaced my MSFT band 2 with my original band, that I've had locked in my closet for the past two and a half years. It works like it did when I first purchased it. What is showed me is that despite it's age, it still holds its own with the likes of other wearables out there. I've tried Garmin, Fitbit, and Vector only to find myself still searching because they all have sync issues with the OS. If MSFT can somehow combine the durability of the original band with the functionality of the second iteration, and add some of the features they were going to bring to band 3, it would be an amazing component to the new Windows phone. I haven't heard anything about it, yet I see the band app continuing to be upgraded, so I remain optimistic.

I know they are proto'ing a pair of glasses (like actual glasses, not the HoloLens). would make an ideal pairing with a full smartwatch.

IDK, IoT core seems like it might make a good watch. Works with Cortana, can run UWPs. But we don't have a real "smartwatch" yet. Curious really.

I personally don't think there's any 'refresh' coming, just 64 bit for win10m, and a new device form factor, that is more of a branch off than a next gen (much like the surface was to laptops, say). Something weird and nothing like a regular smartphone.