Why no Touch Pro Forum?

rr4him

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
I guess until we get a dedicated forum, do you mind a few extra Q&A's here?

Q1 - how is the lag/response time for input and menu selection?

Q2 - Any lock ups? resets?

Q3 - Call quality. Compatibility with BT (what ever model you may own)

Any reg tweaks yet you think are worthy of looking into once (if) i get mine tomorrow?

A1 - I have not experienced much of a lag at all. Seems snappier than my Touch. Please understand that I have been on a Touch since January 08 coming from a Treo 700wx. I am comparing everything to my Touch that was maxed out, tweaked and touchflo'd to match the Diamond and Pro. The Pro seems much smoother and easier to scroll/select. The only issue I have had in this regard is the X in the top right corner is much harder to hit for some reason. It's like you have to hold your thumb on it longer to get the drop down to close open programs. The other different thing from my Touch is the five way is different. There is a ring that you can run your finger around and make it zoom in and out. But, for up and down, you push on the top and bottom of the ring. Not so for left and right...for this you push a bottom part of a capacitive area where home and the phone labels reside and NOT the left and right sides of the ring. Took me a while to figure that out!

A2 - No lock-ups or resets. I have reset it a couple of times anyway mainly after doing tweaks.

A3 - Call quality has been excellent on both ends. I have paired it with a Jabra 8040 but only to listen to streaming radio via Kinoma player. I have not made a call with it yet because my past experience with the headset on my Touch was hit and miss on whether the other party could hear me well without it cutting out. I am usually in the car when that happens and my car is a little noisy.

As far as tweaks go, I made a registry edit to stop the pop up that tells me my text message has been sent. That was annoying! Seems like I had to do that when I first got my Touch but then it went away with the WM 6.1 upgrade. Anyway, it was easily taken care of though I had to search to find how to do it again because I could not remember.

I also installed Diamond Tweak (www.monticristoff.webs.com) that has several tweaks that for the HTC Diamond that seem to also work on the Pro. Can't remember what I tweaked with it.
R

baby_arm74

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I got my Touch Pro....still getting it set up, but I just thought I'd throw up a touch pro forum request reminder for the moderators. (are there moderators here?)

baby_arm74

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Bump....OMG....what does it take to get a forum started here? I keep reading all the articles on the main page, but seems moderators are dropping the ball here. PLEASE create a sub-forum

/beg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes