Why no Touch Pro Forum?

rr4him

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Why is there no Touch Pro Forum yet? Is it because it has not been released? It would be nice to see all the information in one spot. Seems to be a lack of new info right now as we wait, and wait, and wait...

Insp_Gadget

Nov 13, 2000
Visit site
Do you see its issues to be significantly different than the 800W?

I think you're confusing the Touch Pro with the Treo Pro. The Treo 800W and Treo Pro have nothing to do with the HTC Touch Diamond and Touch Pro. The question was why is there no Touch Pro forum not Treo Pro.

Personally, I don't see a compelling reason to have two different forums for those two HTC phones. They both use the same TouchFLO 3D interface on top of the same OS. Perhaps a better solution would be to rename the forum to "HTC Touch Diamond & Pro" or "HTC Touch Series Devices".

bclinger

Sep 14, 2003
Visit site
Yeah, my stupid. I will be wandering Sprintward in a few days to play with one though. It has to be better than what I had a a few months ago for a few days.

RickMG

Jun 8, 2005
galleries.cigarweekly.com
Sprint confirmed with me today that it will be delayed until Sunday Nov 2nd. Here is a good discussion on the story you linked to and the upcoming release date:

Sprint Touch Pro Delayed (Slightly) :-(
I got one today at Best Buy. Can't honestly say I'm very impressed with the phone for the price I had to pay (I only qualified for the one year upgrade). I have been so excited about this phone coming on the market. We'll see if I end up keeping it or not. I just took these photos with my Centro (for some reason the internet has been working on it all day even though it was turned off around noon).

rr4him

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Got mine today at Best Buy! Love it!!!! I already had the Manila2d running on my original Sprint Touch so it was a snap jumping on this bad boy. I think the screen is slightly smaller than my Touch but it is gorgeous. Now I have to go through the pain of loading it up...but that is one of those "hurts so good" times for sure!

I bought it at Best Buy. My contract was up in September so I re-upped for two years, $299.99 and NO MAIL-IN REBATE!!!! I am a Reward Zone member (free) but could not find the mailer that came recently with a 20% off coupon through November 1st. I called 888-BestBuy and talked to the Rewards folks who switched me to the Consumer Affairs folks...you guessed it, they could not help me out. Either I had the mailer or I could not use the discount. Well, I went to my local Best Buy (after calling and finding out they only had four left!) and before I bought the phone I explained my lack of coupon dilemna. The store manager was near and overheard and told the salesman to use the print out from someone else and that it would work. And it did!

So, that's $299 minus $30 for a total of 239.99 plus tax and I repeat, NO MAIL-IN REBATE! SWEET!

Haven't figured everything out yet. For some reason my weather will not update but other data things seem to be provisioned and working fine. I miss the rubberized coating from my Touch but the Touch Pro looks very classy in my opinion.

Get over to Best Buy NOW!
r

R1_Rydah

Oct 23, 2004
Visit site
I took the plunge today also, I was only eligble for a 1 yr discount, so after taxes and activation fees they raped me for $390, but I guess thats the price you pay for being a geek... and a final R.I.P. to my final Palm OS device

baby_arm74

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Still no answer as to why no specific forum category for HTC Touch Pro. I'm considering buying one at Best Buy. The local store had one in stock...if it is there in the morning, I will get it. Over the phone, the guy said $299 - 20% (Rewards member) + Tax. Must resign 2 yr agreement.

...but back to the topic....why no dedicated forum? i'm interested in some early feedback from the owners.

rr4him

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Best Buy 20% off Rewards Promotion ends Nov. 1st

Still no answer as to why no specific forum category for HTC Touch Pro. I'm considering buying one at Best Buy. The local store had one in stock...if it is there in the morning, I will get it. Over the phone, the guy said $299 - 20% (Rewards member) + Tax. Must resign 2 yr agreement.

...but back to the topic....why no dedicated forum? i'm interested in some early feedback from the owners.

Best Buy's Rewards 20% off promotion ends Nov. 1st I think so don't miss it!. I picked mine up for 239.99 plus tax last Friday and absolutely love it!
R

baby_arm74

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
Best Buy's Rewards 20% off promotion ends Nov. 1st I think so don't miss it!. I picked mine up for 239.99 plus tax last Friday and absolutely love it!
R

How is battery life? i know you've probably used it excessively trying to tweak it, learn it, and just experimenting it.....but what type have you gotten so far? I'm sure once it's newness wears of, you'll get improved life, but i'm just curious what so far.

I had a treo800p and after the break-in period, i was only getting about 4 hrs per charge. I even returned it for a new one...same story. I finally returned it and have been waiting for this phone.

rr4him

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
Battery life has been good so far. I can make it all day with email and many calls...even bluetooth on. I bought a cradle that came in yesterday from www.accstation.com for $17.04 shipped that seems to work great. Cheap too! Got it in just a couple of days by mail also. I now want to buy another battery, hopefully larger but without an extended door, since the cradle will charge an extra battery at the same time. My Boxwave Minisync retractable cable that I have had for a while will not sync but does charge. I do not know why. I have a Mac Pro and use Missing Sync. It worked on my previous phone, the Touch. It's a mystery to me!

I think 4 hours is probably what I will get in the long run on battery. Of course, I use my phone constantly all day. I am use to plugging it in to the car or a cradle every chance I get and always carry around an extra battery just in case. I have to be available 24/7 so no full featured phone will make it without some of these measures.

Now I just need to sell my Touch. I put it on Craigslist tonight for $125 including cradle and extra 1500 mAh battery. Have two lookers already!!! I had it tricked out with TouchFLO 2d and it did pretty much everything this phone does...just didn't have the keyboard, higher res screen and wifi that the Pro offers. Sure was thin and more pocketable. The Pro is not that much thicker to be a deal breaker for me at least.

Edit:
Actual link to the cradle is http://www.accstation.com/chtctouccra1.html

Last edited:

rr4him

Oct 25, 2002
Visit site
One more time...

Mods, can we now have a forum for the HTC Touch Pro since some of us have it now? I see other boards have added this to their forum.
Thanks!
r

baby_arm74

Jul 9, 2008
Visit site
I guess until we get a dedicated forum, do you mind a few extra Q&A's here?

Q1 - how is the lag/response time for input and menu selection?

Q2 - Any lock ups? resets?

Q3 - Call quality. Compatibility with BT (what ever model you may own)

Any reg tweaks yet you think are worthy of looking into once (if) i get mine tomorrow?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiebention