Touch - Connection to Car Radio

jake1email

Mar 30, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know of any good ways to connect the touch to the car radio to play music files. Having a display on the car radio of the file would be a plus.

gottago

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
I use a cassette adaptor with a 2.5" to 3.5" and it works pretty well. The only downside would be the wires but I have heard that the wireless fm transmitters are hit and miss.

gottago

fabrijack

Dec 12, 2007
Visit site
All of the new Ford vehicles with the Sync system do exactly what you are asking. My touch will link thru bluetooth to the Ford Edge and play anything in my music folder. It shows artist, song, etc..
Any of the Pioneer in dash units with bluetooth will do this also. I would assume other brands will as well but I don't have personal experience with them.
I use the cassette adaptor that came with my xm radio to feed into one of my vehicles, good sound, no info on the radio though.
Jack

gottago

Dec 5, 2004
Visit site
I recently found that the MOTOROKR T505 - Motorola works very well. It is a Bluetooth Hands Free Speaker with a Wireless FM transmitter so audio from the connected phone will play through your car stereo. It is rechargeable and portable. Cost is around $50-$60 depending where you buy. I have been very impressed with the FM transmitter. I get no crackling, static, etc. For me, a charge will last a month or more. And best of all no more wires (that's my OCD talking)!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa