Verizon Launch

Wireless Vet

Apr 14, 2011
Visit site
I am a VZW corporate rep from the midwest region. I've been hearing lots of talk of the Trophy being released, but I have to tell you,

1. We just got a list of four phones that will be released within the next month and there is no Windows phone on that list and

2. There is absolutely no talk about any Windows phone at corporate level at all.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Even better.. now I can definitely see AT&T in my future :)

So.. you can report that back to Corp.. ;-)

No WP7... no me on VZW.(15 yr customer) VZW can stick that in their pipe and smoke it.

Warmest Regards,

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Verizon seems to be missing the boat with new platforms. They passed up the iPhone, which I think helped make AT&T the company it is today and now they're dragging their heels on WP7. All the major carriers have a WP7 phone except them. Maybe it's got something to do with their strong Android support.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Yep... This is my plan...

Buy Samsung Focus off contract. Go month to month with At&T. ($39.00 voice + $25 2gig data = $64.99 + taxes per month)

If I like the service .. bye bye VZW ! If I dont.. I'll just switch to tin cans and string. And ebay the Sammy Focus...

;-)

WP7 Here I come !

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Tin c& string

Yep... This is my plan...

Buy Samsung Focus off contract. Go month to month with At&T. ($39.00 voice + $25 2gig data = $64.99 + taxes per month)

If I like the service .. bye bye VZW ! If I dont.. I'll just switch to tin cans and string. And ebay the Sammy Focus...

;-)

WP7 Here I come !

I did the Focus thing for two months and loved the Focus and WP7. What I didn't like was the $83 per month charge. Not sure where you got the $64.99 number but go for it.

I tried to get the rest of my family to change to AT&T so I could get the family plan but it was a no go.

Let us know how it works out for you.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I did the Focus thing for two months and loved the Focus and WP7. What I didn't like was the $83 per month charge. Not sure where you got the $64.99 number but go for it.

I tried to get the rest of my family to change to AT&T so I could get the family plan but it was a no go.

Let us know how it works out for you.
Did you have a texting plan? Taxes will raise his estimate a bit too. It's also awesome if you work for a company that can get you a phone discount. A 15% discount gets rid of the taxes.

WayCool

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
nope...

Nope no txting plan. if you want unlimited data and txting its $5 more a month.. none of them include the taxes which is like 15-20 percent... I havent checked on a discount through my employer I get 15 percent with VZW.

So AT&T is 450 minutes, Unlimited data/txt(5 gig) 39 + 30 + tax = about 80? a month.. not that different than VZW ..

even if there's $10 a month difference .. thats $120 a year.. difference.. to actually get a decent phone AND updates.. I am quite confident even as poor as AT&T has been with updates they will be HUGELY better at that than VZW..

I mean.. you really think VZW is going to have more WP7 phones before 2012 ? Uh.. we would have a rumor by now.. and then once we have the rumor... it will be another 6-8 months before the device is available using VZW testing time... Just saying.. they have built that pattern.

We knew about the trophy back in like.. what... October ? Here we are fixing to be May and be lucky to have it by June. I just dont see VZW being the carrier of choice for WP7 .. Just being realistic here..

They've already said plenty about how they dont give a turd about Microkia.. so.. I'm sure that wont change a thing for them... ONLY thing that will change their android bias is a BOOM in WP7 market share....

I'm as STUCK as the next VZW customer... I'm just willing to at least try something else(at&t) .. because I'm a Windows Server admin(AD, Exchange, SQL, Hyper-V, etc..).. its what I do for a living. I have been a career Win Admin for 20 years (NT 3.1 to now) no disrespect to linux, google (android) or apple.. but its what I do.. so I will stick with it. Right now.. VZW is whole heartedly opposed to that (MS).

I'll do what I have to do... and everyone else can do the same.. if it costs me $10 a month more to do that.. I figure I'll get it back long term administering MS platforms. I'm not telling anyone to do anything.. its just what I'm gonna do.

I've said it before.. I'll say it again.. VZW sucks IMO. They are at best arrogant and not in touch with ALL of their customers... Nuf said... I'll shut my pie hole now.. and bid all a good future..

Regards,

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Where are those numbers coming from. Its $39 for 450 minutes and I believe only grandfathered contracts can get the $30/ unlimited plan (like me). So for a new contract its $25/2GB, but that's without any text. They recently changed the texting plans and the minimum is $10/1000. So that's $74 + tax, or about $87 w/tax. I pay $91 and change but I have the unlimited plan. For a single line AT&T user, this is it, unless you opt for the $15/200MB plan.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Adiliyo

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
yea, but you have to sign a 40 year contract to get that price.

plus they have a mandatory data plan... :p

to be on topic though, i'm reaching the end of my rope waiting for the freaking trophy, never have i been so anxious about a lackluster (hardware wise) device before, that is, if you don't count my POS blackberry storm.

how the trophy is still in testing is beyond me though.

C'MON VERIZON STOP JERKING US AROUND!

joecatskill

Sep 28, 2009
Visit site
I just know that I'm WAY past ready for some Metro sweetness but stuck on Verizon as a carrier for connectivity issues. I'm now rethinking the whole thing. I think this fall we should see the Mango updates including skype with no front camera. Perhaps we see a bump up in hardware including processor and front facing camera. We haven't seen any new hardware yet, but you know the handsets we are looking at now are better than a year old. Since Big Red is all about flash and splash new hardware and LTE would make Windows Phone all the rage (albeit LTE won't C Me till 2013). Since I've waited this long... Awh **** I'll buy the Trophy ASAP

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte