Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. thenooge's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
       #1  
    This is really what I want right now. I cannot justify biting the bullet on a new phone with new OS and everything that comes with these things, but if it were 4G that would help make my decision to leave blackberry for this windows 7 phone. Anybody have any idea's if this is in the works on any network? I'm with tmob on my berry right now, i just wanna hear the words 4G windows7 (and LG would sweeten the cake oh so much!!!)
  2. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    #2  
    No word at all. I'm actually looking at Android phone that are in the works for AT&T. I'm hoping on of MS hardware vendors release some cool HW soon. I don't want to switch brands again, but I will.
    Quote Originally Posted by thenooge View Post
    This is really what I want right now. I cannot justify biting the bullet on a new phone with new OS and everything that comes with these things, but if it were 4G that would help make my decision to leave blackberry for this windows 7 phone. Anybody have any idea's if this is in the works on any network? I'm with tmob on my berry right now, i just wanna hear the words 4G windows7 (and LG would sweeten the cake oh so much!!!)
  3. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #3  
    Wouldn't t leaving BB would be incentive enough? Given the vast choice of platforms BB doesn't even register on the radar these days.
  4. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    #4  
    BB is a nice phone. The push notifications are unbeatable. The email is great. I have a BB as my backup phone incase I break my Focus. The browser still sucks though.
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDiddy View Post
    Wouldn't t leaving BB would be incentive enough? Given the vast choice of platforms BB doesn't even register on the radar these days.
  5. foosball's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    423 Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    BB is a nice phone. The push notifications are unbeatable. The email is great. I have a BB as my backup phone incase I break my Focus. The browser still sucks though.
    If you like the BB notifications have you seen webOS?
  6. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDiddy View Post
    Wouldn't t leaving BB would be incentive enough? Given the vast choice of platforms BB doesn't even register on the radar these days.
    That's for sure, I have a BB Tour 9630 and it is hands down the worst phone I have ever owned in my life. I am on my 5th one right now because they had major manufacturing issues and RIM still refuses to admit to it. I am done with RIM forever. Just give me global roaming on Sprint with WP7 and I am sold.
  7. 1jaxstate1's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    3,239 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    #7  
    No, I've been trying to get a Palm Pre Plus (AT&T) off ebay for cheap, just haven't won any auctions yet. I heard it was pretty nifty.
    Quote Originally Posted by WPDiddy View Post
    If you like the BB notifications have you seen webOS?
  8. joecatskill's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by 1jaxstate1 View Post
    No, I've been trying to get a Palm Pre Plus (AT&T) off ebay for cheap, just haven't won any auctions yet. I heard it was pretty nifty.
    Hang in there the Palm/HP Pre 2 is coming very soon and there is more webOs to come after February 9 announcement. :D
  9. #9  
    Although I have no reason to expect it, I'm hoping Verizon will surprise everyone in the near future with a cool Windows Phone 7 device running on their LTE network! Does anyone know if the WP7 OS requires any specific testing by Microsoft on the LTE network before new devices are released?
  10. #10  
    All I know is MS has minimum hard ware restrictions. As long as they are met I don't see why they wouldn't approve a device.

    Sent from my T8788 using Board Express
    HTC Surround
    BOOMER!
  11. thebizz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,730 Global Posts
    #11  
    I'm wondering if 4g will be like cdma and microsoft has to build it into the os but who knows
  12. Dusteater's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    320 Posts
    Global Posts
    557 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    I'm wondering if 4g will be like cdma and microsoft has to build it into the os but who knows
    That is a very good question I was asking myself. Anyone know if the OS supports WIMAX or LTE at this point?
  13. thebizz's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    63 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,730 Global Posts
    #13  
    If it doesn't support cdma I doubt it supports wimax and lte which could slow down the development of 4g devices. I really want an lte phone but Microsoft needs to speed up to keep wp7 on users radar
  14. jdnely's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    19 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by thebizz View Post
    If it doesn't support cdma I doubt it supports wimax and lte which could slow down the development of 4g devices. I really want an lte phone but Microsoft needs to speed up to keep wp7 on users radar
    WiMAX and LTE are strictly data technologies whereas CDMA is a voice technology. WP7 currently doesn't handle CDMA voice calls. LTE and WiMAX should need little, if any, update to work.
  15. cdook's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    671 Posts
    Global Posts
    700 Global Posts
    #15  
    My Verizon contract wasn't going to be up until September of this year, I figured I could wait and I'd see a 4G WP7 on the network. I'm not really optomistic with 4G at this point, I think it's too soon. We don't know anything about pricing details and it won't be available in all markets right away.

    I jumped ship and bought a Samsung Focus on ATT. Compared to my BlackBerry the data connection seems faster and I've got WiFi if I need really speed. I figure when my contract is up at the beginning of 2013 that's when you'll see everyone making the switch to 4G.

    I wouldn't recommend waiting forever either because there's always going to be something to prevent you from getting a phone. I can see 4G coming out, but no front facing camera. Then you'll have a phone with 4G and a front facing camera, but oh no it doesn't have NFC! Then you'll see all those features, but Android will have a 8 core ARM processor phone.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dusteater View Post
    That's for sure, I have a BB Tour 9630 and it is hands down the worst phone I have ever owned in my life. I am on my 5th one right now because they had major manufacturing issues and RIM still refuses to admit to it. I am done with RIM forever. Just give me global roaming on Sprint with WP7 and I am sold.
    Haha I'm a former Tour owner too and I didn't mind the phone. The trackball would get stuck from time to time, but the phone was durable and battery life was great. Towards the end it did get annoying having a tiny screen, no touchscreen and the web browser was kind of terrible.

Posting Permissions