Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Check this out,
    HTC is coming out with a 16 meg WP7 with an awsome camera..

HTC Preparing 16-Megapixel Windows Phone 7? (Video)
    Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus

Global Posts
    7,164 Global Posts
    I have had a lot of HTC phones I have to say my WP7 Arrive camera blows away all the Android HTC device cameras it makes me wonder if the bad cameras on the Android platform is because of a shortcoming in Android. Seams to me like a organization as versed in software development and device integration could make a better camera experience than what I had with Android. Now HTC is using WP7 for this phone maybe it is something related to Android that limits the HTC cameras.

Global Posts
    791 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big D5 View Post
    I have had a lot of HTC phones I have to say my WP7 Arrive camera blows away all the Android HTC device cameras it makes me wonder if the bad cameras on the Android platform is because of a shortcoming in Android. Seams to me like a organization as versed in software development and device integration could make a better camera experience than what I had with Android. Now HTC is using WP7 for this phone maybe it is something related to Android that limits the HTC cameras.

Wrong firmware/software combinations could result in poor camera performance, however its more likely that its due to the under-par size of the digital image sensor used in smartphones. The current size of image sensors don't really perform great beyond 5 MP. I also started a thread on this as I didn't see this one... http://forums.windowscentral.com/upc...ces/178087.htm