HD7S soon?

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I disliked the sense interface that HTC keeps putting over all of their phones. I loved the build quality though. The Inspire kept freezing and locking up, just being buggy in general. I would have rooted and loaded a different ROM but then I wouldnt have been able to return it.

The listing for the HD7S is new though, only happening in the last few days. I know because I keep checking. :-D

Dusteater

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
I disliked the sense interface that HTC keeps putting over all of their phones. I loved the build quality though. The Inspire kept freezing and locking up, just being buggy in general. I would have rooted and loaded a different ROM but then I wouldnt have been able to return it.

The listing for the HD7S is new though, only happening in the last few days. I know because I keep checking. :-D

Wow, I thought I was the only one who disliked all that Sense UI stuff HTC tries to pull. I am sure glad Microsoft said NO on Windows Phone.

Rico

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
I liked Sense when it was TouchFlo 3D. It was a necessary evil to cover the finger-unfriendly Windows Mobile UI for those of us who wanted to perform basic phone tasks without breaking out the stylus or tapping multiple times on tiny hit targets not meant for fingers. And it looked sharp at the time. Early versions on Android were nice because the UI wasn't quite there. But nowadays, stock Android does a good job and doesn't risk introducing differing UIs and lowering performance like Sense does. I know there's tons of people who go gaga over the eye candy but personally I'd take stock Android and get better performance.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Wow, I thought I was the only one who disliked all that Sense UI stuff HTC tries to pull. I am sure glad Microsoft said NO on Windows Phone.

Sense looked nice but was a resource hog. Worked ok as long as you used it for everything and didn't try adding anything else to startup. Once I disabled it on my Tilt2 everything was faster and more stable. Good riddance.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Spacegho5t

May 3, 2011
Visit site

Its actually way older than that (as it stands now) they first announced this phone like march 21st. and haven't heard a peep about it since then. it has been BRUTAL.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Its actually way older than that (as it stands now) they first announced this phone like march 21st. and haven't heard a peep about it since then. it has been BRUTAL.

I know that the HD7S was announced on march 21st, but up until now the only listing on AT&T's website was on their business section. It was recently added to their windows phone 7 line-up page. Hopefully it will be soon because I am getting weaker and I really don't want to give up and buy an Samsung Focus.

Spacegho5t

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Oh yea yea, I saw that too. i was coasting around engadget and someone in the comments and someone threw out a rumor for a may 11th release. Who knows if its true but one can hope!

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I dislike launch rumors. Almost everytime it is just someone talking out their a** and have no actual clue as to what is really going on. I hope they are right though and the launch is right around the corner.

Spacegho5t

May 3, 2011
Visit site
looks like its gonna be another week gone by without a peep about the HD7S. I want to upgrade to WP7 so badly, and I want the HD7S but this is getting ridiculous.

its now been 7 weeks since they announced the thing too. So much for "in the coming weeks"

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
looks like its gonna be another week gone by without a peep about the HD7S. I want to upgrade to WP7 so badly, and I want the HD7S but this is getting ridiculous.

its now been 7 weeks since they announced the thing too. So much for "in the coming weeks"

I know right? This is one of the worrst PR blunders I have seen AT&T make, right behind getting rid of unlimited data plans. Glad I still have mine.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I know right? This is one of the worrst PR blunders I have seen AT&T make, right behind getting rid of unlimited data plans. Glad I still have mine.
But it is keeping users from jumping to T-Mobile for the HD7, right? AT&T knows what they are doing.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Well with the impending merger of t-mo and att i would think that anytime would be a bad time to jump ship. unless you went to t-mo and got unlimited data in the hopes that att would honor that agreement when the merger happens. Actually not a bad idea if you are stuck with a limited data plan.

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
that Samsung Infuse 4G is looking pretty tempting, god help me

Yea I saw that, but after the headache I had to deal with when I got the Captivate, I am inclined to not buy anything samsung anytime soon. Besides, a 4.5" screen is pretty big, maybe TOO big.

Last edited:

Duct Tape Panties

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Yea I saw that, but after the headache I had to deal with when I got the Captivate, I am inclined to not buy anything samsung anytime soon. Besides, a 4.5" screen is pretty big, maybe TOO big.

i see you already edited your post, i was just about to inform you that it does have a front-facing camera. I had to go back and double-check. It's missing dual-core though. If I go android, it's has to have everything

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I did. After I posted I was reading a review of the Infuse and realized my mistake. As far as the dual core processor goes I don't think it would make much of a difference for the current generation of applications. If I was in the market for another Android handset I would be very tempted to get this one.

Spacegho5t

May 3, 2011
Visit site
well this is interesting, the only reason I was going to get a HD7S was because I didn't think the venue pro was coming to AT&T. Well now its an easy pick, im just gonna get the Venue Pro instead of the HD7S. I love the portrait keyboard style and the build quality is supposed to be amazing!

jdunn

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
well this is interesting, the only reason I was going to get a HD7S was because I didn't think the venue pro was coming to AT&T. Well now its an easy pick, im just gonna get the Venue Pro instead of the HD7S. I love the portrait keyboard style and the build quality is supposed to be amazing!

I have heard of alot of problems with the venue pro. As far as the keyboard goes I really have no need for one, especially one that reminds me of a blackberry's keyboard. If that is what you are looking for though I hope that it is everything you are wanting.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos