16MP HTC Bresson Windows Phone for T-Mobile?

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
16 MP on a smartphone is a bad idea HTC...

If you keep the current lens setup that is, can anyone imagine how grainy or blurry those pics would look if they used cheap smartphone optics and small image sensor? You would need a true lens Carl Zeiss seems to be popular with Nokia, and an image sensor many many times bigger than the ones they currently use to truly get good use of those "16 MP". like they say "5 MP with good pixels can take better snaps than a 12 MP with bad pixels" even the current size of camera sensors in all HTC devices is nowhere near a good enough size to get the best pictures out of the "5 MP" they claim to be.

Reactions: Rich Edmonds

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Having worked for Zeiss in the 80's, all there lenses were made of optical grade glass and not plastic. If that's still the case, any phone with a Zeiss lens would a good option.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
bresson.jpg

Call it a merger of rumors, but Pocketnow.com is claiming that the HTC Bresson is the same device in that HTC commercial, the one that mentions a 16MP camera and shows clearly a Windows Phone-design. Combined with the leaked T-Mobile roadmap from ThisIsMyNext (the ex-Engadget team's new gig) which mentions the 'Bresson' for a post-September release (hello 'Mango') and you have yourselves a nice flagship phone.
Though the rest of the specs are unknown, as is the final design (though this is clearly influenced by the Nexus S, which we really like), you can bet besides a 16MP camera (really?) the next gen Qualcomm chipset, 800x480 resolution and probably a boatload of memory.
Could Windows Phone 7.5 really big the big moment, the big push that we've all be waiting for? Big hardware, big new OS features and some street-cred? We sure think so.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely jealous and AT&T best to be getting this or they better make this buy-out happen -- yesterday! Hopefully that'll just give AT&T the exclusivity to get their version if that's the case.

If it's modeled after the Nexus S, can we haz front facing camera too?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
So now this cropped up again... 16MP HTC Bresson Windows Phone for T-Mobile? | wpcentral | Windows Phone News, Forums, and Reviews but I still firmly believe this --> 16 MP on a smartphone is a bad idea HTC... But you know what? I hope they can get the camera right this time with an adequate sized sensor and lens setup, I might buy this phone.
Guess I was too late. Made a thread for this post. Ha.

I'm hating on you just about now Luis. Lol. This better be coming to AT&T too. Maybe we'll get the Bresson S! =P

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Guess I was too late. Made a thread for this post. Ha.

I'm hating on you just about now Luis. Lol. This better be coming to AT&T too. Maybe we'll get the Bresson S! =P

Well I asked mods to merge threads hopefully they can lol... Lets continue discussion in your thread for now though...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
lmfao...

i just may have to go back to t-mo, even though I told myself I wouldn't go back. heck, i'll be back under at&t in no time with a free upgrade.
I agree on the ATT thing I'm officially hoping they'll let this whole thing go through and given that it'll be coming out months after the merger was announced I don't know how long I would actually have with the device being in a usable condition. I know I plan to use my free ATT upgrade to get one of the awesome Nokia WP7's.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
mmm my carrier is none of the big ones so it should be interesting to see what next gen phone should come here. I'm betting the Nokia ones will be there because my carrier has like every freaking nokia out there and their current flagship is the Nokia N8 4g. ( Though by far their best selling smartphone is their Galaxy S )

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
I agree on the ATT thing I'm officially hoping they'll let this whole thing go through and given that it'll be coming out months after the merger was announced I don't know how long I would actually have with the device being in a usable condition. I know I plan to use my free ATT upgrade to get one of the awesome Nokia WP7's.
i may just do that. get this Bresson when released on T-mo and then get a free upgrade to come back to at&t (to join my other 4 lines) and get a sexii Nokia. i'm almost positive the no-commitment price is going way out of the range i'll pay.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
i may just do that. get this Bresson when released on T-mo and then get a free upgrade to come back to at&t (to join my other 4 lines) and get a sexii Nokia. i'm almost positive the no-commitment price is going way out of the range i'll pay.
Well in theory you'd still be able to get them both on contract price... Think about it, you sign a two year with T-Mobile, it gets transferred to ATT then resign an ATT two year for the Nokia. I wouldn't worry too much about the merger not going through because if it doesn't then whenever T-Mobile files for bankruptcy they'll let you go without the cancellation fee by law so its win win...

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Oooooh but if it is only a 3.7 in. screen that's a total deal breaker for me. After going 4.3 (HD7) from 3.7 (OG Droid) I just can't go back! Lol 4 in. is as small as I'll take.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
hrmmm... that might just be nice enough to be worth considering as an upgrade from my DVP...
Well hang on now, don't just go diving into a new phone because of the number it has on the camera lol I am definitely going to make sure that it has a real glass lens with a decent sized sensor if its the same tiny POS lens that all smartphones have I'll gladly keep my 5 mp that'll most definitely shoot better snaps than a super squished 16 mp lol.

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Oooooh but if it is only a 3.7 in. screen that's a total deal breaker for me. After going 4.3 (HD7) from 3.7 (OG Droid) I just can't go back! Lol 4 in. is as small as I'll take.
if it's the wp7 version of the nexus s, i hope that means 4 inch screen too. but i'm sure after you've had that 4'3, you still don't want a 4 inch screen. i won't lie, the sensation looks pretty good for a 4'3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro