Focus S launch date?

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Are there any rumors floating around about this? My wife and I want to switch to AT&T from T-Mobile, and I want the Focus S and she wants either the Focus S or iPhone 4S (we both have HD7's now, she likes hers better than she liked her Android phones, but she likes her iPad more).

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
There were rumors floating around that the device would be revealed this week, but that hasn't happened. However, going off of the FCC filing that was mid-September, I am guessing the device will be released sometime within the next two weeks. usually phones are released anywhere from 25-40 days after the FCC filing. The keyword being usually.

corknut

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
I vaguely remember something about a November launch, but some time in the next couple of weeks would certainly be welcome. I'm starting to get impatient especially because of the Titan launches outside the US.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I have no interest in the Titan. It is simply too big. I'd prefer the aluminium construction and fit and finish of the Titan, but I don't like the size of my HD7 sometimes so I can't even imagine using a phone that much larger than an HD7.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I have no interest in the Titan. It is simply too big. I'd prefer the aluminium construction and fit and finish of the Titan, but I don't like the size of my HD7 sometimes so I can't even imagine using a phone that much larger than an HD7.

Eh, it's not that much bigger than you think. The plus is actually that it is THINNER.

HTC HD7S: (h x w x d) 122mm x 68mm x 11.2mm

HTC Titan: (h x w x d) 131.5mm x 70.7mm x 9.9mm

So you do lose out with the height, but its not that big of a difference. But, I understand people have personal preferences. I would just suggest when it is released to go try it out, because people have said it feels great in the hand.

benjiprice

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
This wait is rough. Every day I come to the site to check on any news and nada. I'll still consider Nokia phones as they get announced later this month, but they'd have to offer something really amazing for me to wait until a US launch. I don't expect them to be that different from what Samsung will have. Perhaps a better camera, but that's not a big issue for me.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Eh, it's not that much bigger than you think. The plus is actually that it is THINNER.

HTC HD7S: (h x w x d) 122mm x 68mm x 11.2mm

HTC Titan: (h x w x d) 131.5mm x 70.7mm x 9.9mm

So you do lose out with the height, but its not that big of a difference. But, I understand people have personal preferences. I would just suggest when it is released to go try it out, because people have said it feels great in the hand.

its only 2 mm wider than the focus s which is 4.3" and maybe 4 mm from the focus. its slightly longer and a shade wider and still fits in your jeans according to adam leins video! Wait and see when it is in store and play with it keeep an open mind!

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
I was originally gung-ho on the Titan, but then I remembered that I currently have the HD7 and it really turned me off to HTC phones (seriously, 1230 mAh battery? Yuck). I used to have the Focus and loved it, and my girlfriend's currently has badass battery life and much better signal (being on ATT).

I'll be in my local ATT store the moment it comes out! 4G phone! SAMOLED+!

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
I was originally gung-ho on the Titan, but then I remembered that I currently have the HD7 and it really turned me off to HTC phones (seriously, 1230 mAh battery? Yuck). I used to have the Focus and loved it, and my girlfriend's currently has badass battery life and much better signal (being on ATT).

I'll be in my local ATT store the moment it comes out! 4G phone! SAMOLED+!

Well if it's any consolation, the HTC Titan has a 1600 mAh battery. According to HTC this battery is capable of almost 12 hours of talk time. That's alot for a phone. I would at least consider it, and if you don't like it you can always do the 30 day trade in.

Verkunder

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Well if it's any consolation, the HTC Titan has a 1600 mAh battery. According to HTC this battery is capable of almost 12 hours of talk time. That's alot for a phone. I would at least consider it, and if you don't like it you can always do the 30 day trade in.

Very valid point, and I wouldn't mind giving it a go for the 30 day thing, assuming they come out within 30 days of each other! That being said, the spec sheet said 4g and my biggest complaint right now is signal/speed. Guess we'll see.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know if the screen on the Titan is the same as the hd7s, other than screen size? I remember when I looked at the hd7s screen at the at&t store that i was very underwhelmed. The colors and blacks weren't nearly as good as the focus, plus there seemed to be a "tearing" or breaking up of the graphics when you scrolled up and down. I'm wondering if they fixed this second problem (I understand they'll never get the colors and blacks of a samoled on a slcd)

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
I looked at the hd7s and focus on an ATT stand this weekend. The focus was at max brightness and the hd7 was at 50%. It looked dimmer of course. I quickly went in and changed brightness to 100% on hd7 and could not tell a difference from hand held distance. Color contrast was slightly better on the focus but both were light years ahead of my iphone 3g. Only time I think I will see a problem with the contrast on my titan, when I get it, is when I am standing at an ATT kiosk. I also had my nose on the screen of the HD7 and could not see pixels on the home screen tiles. Must need a magnifying glass to make it as obvious as the retina fanboys claim it to be.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Very valid point, and I wouldn't mind giving it a go for the 30 day thing, assuming they come out within 30 days of each other! That being said, the spec sheet said 4g and my biggest complaint right now is signal/speed. Guess we'll see.

The signal strength for HSPA+ on AT&T will be better than LTE. Although, that also depends on if they do buyout T-Mobile, but either way their HSPA+ signal will go out farther than their LTE. Just take a look at their maps and see.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if the screen on the Titan is the same as the hd7s, other than screen size? I remember when I looked at the hd7s screen at the at&t store that i was very underwhelmed. The colors and blacks weren't nearly as good as the focus, plus there seemed to be a "tearing" or breaking up of the graphics when you scrolled up and down. I'm wondering if they fixed this second problem (I understand they'll never get the colors and blacks of a samoled on a slcd)

All I can tell you it is the same technology, S-LCD. However, going by the preliminary reviews from overseas, it looks like the screen is pretty good. They have had no complaints on the brightness or the colors it produces. Engadget just came out with their review today, so you should go check that out as well.

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
Love the idea of the Titan, but I am looking excitedly for the chance to see it side by side against the Focus S. What a great choice. Through in that Nokia will hit next year, and it is exciting to be a WP consumer on AT&T. If these are all successful, Sprint and Verizon will follow suit. Really, you can't go wrong with choice!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb