No WP7.5 for canada :( comfirmed :(

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
No New WP7.5 for canada comfirmed

Hey guys

I hate to be the one to bring out some bad news..... but here we go..

I spoke to HTC , LG and Samsung Reps today ( at my work ) and they ALL confirmed that CANADA will NOT be getting any of the SECOND GENERATION WP7.5 this year!!

So CANADA people, dont expect any new phones till the 3rd GENERATION ( q1-q2 2012)

i know i was expecting a new WP7.5 for Xmas :(

:( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

Last edited:

power5

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Does canada have different bands than USA? Couldnt you just pick one up on Ebay unlocked? Or is the problem the subsidized pricing? Wouldnt 3rd gen phones be released next fall? Or are generations changing their time span? 1st Gen was started just over a year ago and we just got gen 2 phones.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
if i order int he USA and bring it to Canada it waves my warranty. i dont like doing that. and it would cost me full price....

Also According to HTC we will NOT get the TITANT and the RADAR! so its gona be the next once, i guess still gen 2 but if it comes out at later time i consider it GEN 3. lol

and LG will not make any new phones till next year as well. :(

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Its very unfortunate iOS and Android are getting all the frustrated BB users up here some of that marketshare can be re-directed to a nice snappy WP7 handset (Focus Flash).

IMO Canada needs to be brought up to speed. Marketing and training needs to be done before brining out a WP7.5.

Maybe some time off to focus on those areas is a better idea I say when Nokia comes here come strong bring your AAA game convince Android and iOS users theres a 3rd and better option. Also bring out only quality headsets at a low price such as the Focus Flash and market those devices.

Gaining the low -> mid range market is KEY high end can always come later. But like I said Canada isn't ready Im talking about the 99%

Lucky7Phone

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
when I first read the thread title, I thought we won't be getting any WP7.5 phones AT ALL but it turns out, just like all the rumors suggest, we won't be getting any new WP phones this year but we will be getting new WP phones after Nokia announces their high end models at CES.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
What's the deal with that. I've never understood why this happens. Seems like they would want these devices in as many places as possible. Oh well, don't feel bad, I can't upgrade until January.

Dr.Phil

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Well, if it makes you feel any better there isn't that much you are missing. I mean you already have a Samsung Focus that can run WP 7.5. The only differences in hardware I believe is just the upgraded processor speed. This may be a blessing in disguise, I don't know how phone contracts work up there but I think you would be pi$$ed if you got one of the phones out now when perhaps some dual-core phone is just a couple of months away from being released and you are locked into a contract. Again, you aren't really missing out unless you REALLY wanted a larger screen.

jeremyshaw

Oct 21, 2011
Visit site
Well, the Omnia W just passed FCC validation for NA frequency bands, and since the USA already has the Focus Flash, we surely aren't getting it...

Likely, it's just reps who are there for support, not giving forward knowledge of phone avaliblilty.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Likely, it's just reps who are there for support, not giving forward knowledge of phone avaliblilty.

well normally that would be true , but they where talking about ANDROID phones , when i told them i dint care about Android and i wanted more info on WP, the rep completely opened up to me telling me how he loved WP and how MS was doing a good job , and he was saying that most people are simply NOT READY for WP . lol

long story short he said TITANT+RADAR are NOT COMMING to Canada , he said they are working on new models for next year to launch at same time as NOKIA,

LG and Samsung reps told me the SAME thing , but they were not as enthusiastic as the HTC rep... he was a TRUE MS FAN BOY lol.. :p

CommanderElvis

Mar 5, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

I hate to be the one to bring out some bad news..... but here we go..

I spoke to HTC , LG and Samsung Reps today ( at my work ) and they ALL confirmed that CANADA will NOT be getting any of the SECOND GENERATION WP7.5 this year!!

So CANADA people, dont expect any new phones till the 3rd GENERATION ( q1-q2 2012)

i know i was expecting a new WP7.5 for Xmas :(

Thanks. I'll be the guy spamming the HTC Canada Facebook page. I will have to change soon, and I'm not really interested in Android or Iphone

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Canada :(

That does suck. However, like everything else in this world you guys will eventually get it. :) You guys HAVE to be more patient than Americans and Europeans lol.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Sorry Canada :(

That does suck. However, like everything else in this world you guys will eventually get it. :) You guys HAVE to be more patient than Americans and Europeans lol.

actually we get most things pretty quickly..

We have galaxy nexus before the states does on bell..

There just isn't much demand for wp7 so carriers aren't making a big effort

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
actually we get most things pretty quickly..

We have galaxy nexus before the states does on bell..

There just isn't much demand for wp7 so carriers aren't making a big effort

I just mean in general. I am not saying it ALWAYS happens. I mean Canada had to wait a while to get Netflix streaming and some other stuff.

fisci

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm just explaining why with wp7 we aren't getting much. I'm the only person I know with one. We get androids pretty much as they're released though.

Yeah our copyright law is different from the states,
that's why Netflix took so long. It isn't the poor underdeveloped country most Americans imagine lol

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I'm just explaining why with wp7 we aren't getting much. I'm the only person I know with one. We get androids pretty much as they're released though.

Yeah our copyright law is different from the states,
that's why Netflix took so long. It isn't the poor underdeveloped country most Americans imagine lol

Oh I know it's not lol. American's aren't as dumb as the media or our government portrays us either ;)

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
we are just starting to catch up .. lol

i remember a phew years back we got the HTC diamond ( windows mobile 6.1 ) we got it 1year after Europe had it

its pretty much been like that for ever ( europe and asia is knwo to be more advance in some aspects ( cell phones and general electroniques ))

but we are starting to see company launch phones all over the world at the same time now :)

its all about marketing and what people want ... the market for high powered phones was pretty small in Canada up to 1 or 2 years ago.

Now, everyone wants one ... so companies finally took their heads out of their ars and stoped making us wait :p

like the NEXUS and the GS2

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)